Send alletter to PTA

Started by a.santi, January 19, 2004, 04:43:48 PM

a.santi

My question is...Is it worthy?
I´ve just sended him a letter and I wonder if he would read it.
Have any of you done this?

kotte

I did. No reply.

Don't go waiting.

prophet

yeah I did.

"dont go waiting"
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

Finn

It's really not worth it. I tried it twice and no responses. In his book, you'll be just another fan.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

prophet

im sure he has more fun and important things to do then read letters telling him how good his movies and, because he already knows that.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

md

did u send it to:Paul Thomas Anderson
c/o
John Lesher
Endeavor
9701 Wilshire Blvd.
10th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA  90212?

try a differant addy
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

prophet

i sent it to Lesher. whats the different address

slice

from what i recall from a long time ago, someone did get a reply back and posted their letter....it was a letter written on a sheet of white paper with a red marker...said something to the effect of 'keeping on verbing, noun!', don't remember what the verb or noun was but it was signed pta

prophet

what the fuck does that mean? is it some kinda code?

Pubrick

Quote from: prophetwhat the fuck does that mean? is it some kinda code?
slice is saying the letter said nothing but the usual pep-talk sentence., keep on ___, ____. u know, "keep on trucking, man!" or "keep on fuckin, dirk!". verbing, noun, is just filling in the space for the type of word that would go in there. verb is an action, noun is a name.
under the paving stones.

prophet

thats why you need to write him a letter that you will be his assistant for free and you will clean his house for free and shit so he can let you work with him.

SHAFTR

although I love PTA's movies, and I know you guys hate the man I'm about to mention, but Kevin Smith is super cool about keeping in contact with his fans.  That is why he will probably always remain my favorite director.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

yeah kevin smith is about a million times cooler with his fans than pta. that's a fact.

but i don't watch films to make friends. so i guess that's the difference.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: SHAFTRalthough I love PTA's movies, and I know you guys hate the man I'm about to mention, but Kevin Smith is super cool about keeping in contact with his fans.  That is why he will probably always remain my favorite director.

i don't think that should be a reason to make a director good...  just a good and funny public personality. same (kinda) with Roger Avary.  they keep in touch with their fans and constantly update their respective websites but they're not delivering too many goods.

i've heard some mean stories that ocurred on the set of Jay and Silent Bob, tho..

maybe it's propaganda, i don't care, but it's  on www.jayandsilentbobstrikeback.com
context, context, context.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Pyeah kevin smith is about a million times cooler with his fans than pta. that's a fact.

but i don't watch films to make friends. so i guess that's the difference.

haha, classic (and so true)

At any rate, I wrote Paul a letter after Magnolia. It was kinda gushy and almost fanboy, and of course I called Hard Eight "Sydney"... whadda ya gonna do, I was in film school, depressed as hell, and the only thing that made me consistently happy was Paul's movies. At any rate, I told him that one day I hoped to make a film that he would enjoy as much as I enjoyed his. And blah, blah, blah. I didn't expect a response, and didn't get one. But it made me feel good to write it...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.