Slow Down - Thesis Film Stills + TRAILER!

Started by md, January 27, 2009, 11:05:26 AM

md

Just wrapped my senior thesis film, "Slow Down", a few days ago.  It revolves around a newly wed couple, their new apartment and the roofers who work on their building. 

We shot over 10 days on S16mm in Rochester, NY.  The experience was certainly challenging at times, but overall the film is cutting together very nicely.  I've posted some still frames for your enjoyment. 

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

private witt

What format is this and what lenses are you using?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

md

We shot with an Sr3 formatted for s16mm and used a set of cooke prime lenses. 
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

private witt

Ha, sorry I missed where you already stated it was S16.    Have you any experience in using 35mm SLR lenses rigged up for 16 or S16?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

md

I've used slr primes for a 35mm adapter and an HVX200 but never for an SR3 or a 16mm camera in general.  I'd advise against it though.  Typically the 16mm camera would be mounted for the SLR lenses and not the other way around.   Mike

md

Hey Guys,

I was just informed by my film school that Slow Down, my senior thesis was selected to play at the George Eastman Dryden house (http://dryden.eastmanhouse.org/) later in May for the annual honor's show.

Check out the trailer on vimeo: 

http://vimeo.com/4302900

Cheers, Mike