Sketch comedy

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, August 31, 2009, 02:57:51 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I used to frequent a public access station in my hometown and everytime I go see my parents, if I have a week or so on my hands, I try to make time to make a skit with my friends.  I usually have to do every detail, but I prefer it that way anyway.

Rick Reilly's Morningwood Discount Realty

The Duane Gettryche Quick Scheme

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

fun stuff though but you should try something new now. you've gotta be tired of those commercial parodies by now :yabbse-undecided:

try two person scenes.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Oh trust me, I'm tired of commercials.  But at this point in my life, they're easiest to do.  My friends are some of the most unmotivated people I know, I still love them, but you know.

Anyway, the format goes as follows: I show up a couple hours early or so, get mics and lights set up at the studio and then as they're free, they swing in and improv for me. I give them a vague idea of the product.  My plan insofar is to get them active in this, then they might be more open to do more later.

My aspirations in life is by no means to do commercial jokes.  I am pretty proud of how these particular ones turned out, but it appears that it's going to be somewhat of a process until I can start doing actual sketches and skits beyond it.  I don't really mind since I'm just doing these for fun in my own time, and they are fun to make since I can collaborate with a lot of friends.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

well.. i'm being a bit kind by calling them commercial parodies. its essentially you guys taking advantage of bad quality equipment to make bad quality commercials. like, they're supposed to be the Cable Access ads or something. so while you might like them and its easy.. you'll see they become predictable after a while (or now). and so as a result.. nobody will wanna see them soon enough, cause everyone will say "oh right, it'll be another ad where everyone is phoning it in cause the budget was small. i get it"

just a tip. improvise two person stuff. just find one unusual thing between two people thats playable.. and just build off of it.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I couldn't agree more.  For what they are now, I still find them fun, and the effort was still fun, but I can't live in public access confines forever.  I guess more than anything, it was an exercise for using the studio.

I need some actors.

Or at least people who would show up on time and have a strong enough sense of humor to be able to improv on the spot for free.

Maybe actors wouldn't be such a good idea.