The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

polkablues

Quote from: Gamblour on November 09, 2005, 02:50:36 PM
Hmm, weird. If it's going to go to the trouble of reducing the post length with a scrollbar, why not go the whole way and prevent the page from stretching out??

Edited the original post because stretched pages are annoying.

I'm thinking the scrollbar is perhaps a option you can turn on and off in your preferences?  Because I, like Walrus, just got fucked up margins when you posted the longass link, no scrollbar.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Still no way to make the "show unread posts since last visit" work?

That was the #1 feature for me on Xixax... as I dont like going through every topic and every thread... it was fast and easy!

Reinhold

mine does that just fine. did you try marking it all as read and then just waiting a day?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Kal

Didnt wait a day... will do!

Thank you!

Pubrick

yes, remember to Mark As Read on the main page (unless u want to go individually forum by forum). this marks the whole board and effectively resets ur shit.

if "Show unread posts since last visit" doesn't give u what u want, "ALL Unread Topics" at the bottom right of that page should never fail.
under the paving stones.

Kal

Quote from: Pubrick on November 10, 2005, 06:35:51 AM
yes, remember to Mark As Read on the main page (unless u want to go individually forum by forum). this marks the whole board and effectively resets ur shit.

if "Show unread posts since last visit" doesn't give u what u want, "ALL Unread Topics" at the bottom right of that page should never fail.

Yep thats what Im doing now for it to work... its strange cause that option (the top one) used to work fine with the old site, but doesnt on this one. It sucks, but I'll get used to it!

SHAFTR

Quote from: andyk on November 10, 2005, 11:37:56 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on November 10, 2005, 06:35:51 AM

Yep thats what Im doing now for it to work... its strange cause that option (the top one) used to work fine with the old site, but doesnt on this one. It sucks, but I'll get used to it!

yeah, I'm having the same problem. 
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

i've noticed that if you leave yourself logged in forever, and never log out, when you come back to the site after viewing Unread Posts Since Last Visits once already, nothing will appear. this is because you are still counted as being in the same visit. unread posts you didn't check out before closing the window wiill then only appear in Show ALL Unread Posts. maybe that's what you ppl are getting.
under the paving stones.

Myxo

Anyone else feel like there is too much space between topics in each area? With the old forums, we could see a much larger number of topics without needing to scroll through. The fonts also seem larger. All in all I like the format, but it does seem harder on the eyes.

ono

There are also fewer topics per page with this version.

Pubrick

Quote from: onomabracadabra on November 15, 2005, 11:58:10 PM
There are also fewer topics per page with this version.
this can be changed. the old format had 50 topics per page. we're currently set to 20, so i'll double it to 40.

EDIT: looks good.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

If, while you are about to reply in a thread, someone has posted, the forum displays a message telling you so. That's pretty fucking cool.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

i know this sound slightly lazy, but is there a way to make a short cut at the bottom of the page like there is on the top of the page....for example, in idle chatter this thread is called "the new format"....when i click on the newest page to see the current post/page [in this case its  page 14] and after i am done reading the newest post i have to take the extra time to scroll all the way back up the page and click on the "idle chatter" folder shortcut at the top....the old board had a shortcut at the bottom....and i dont mean the "jump to _________" thing either..i was just wondering if their was an easier way to avoid over-working my finger.  thanks.

Pubrick

Quote from: mercury on November 17, 2005, 09:35:04 PM
i know this sound slightly lazy, but is there a way to make a short cut at the bottom of the page like there is on the top of the page....for example, in idle chatter this thread is called "the new format"....when i click on the newest page to see the current post/page [in this case its  page 14] and after i am done reading the newest post i have to take the extra time to scroll all the way back up the page and click on the "idle chatter" folder shortcut at the top....the old board had a shortcut at the bottom....and i dont mean the "jump to _________" thing either..i was just wondering if their was an easier way to avoid over-working my finger.  thanks.
you click BACK on your browser.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick on November 17, 2005, 10:55:18 PM
Quote from: mercury on November 17, 2005, 09:35:04 PM
you click BACK on your browser.
And if you're too lazy to move the mouse to click the Back button, you could press ALT+<-.  On Macs, it's CMD+<-.