Sundance Institute

Started by kotte, July 13, 2003, 03:09:32 PM

kotte

We all know PTA did the Filmmakers lab. My question is have you every applied?

Chris

ono

I was about to send in one of my screenplays this past May.  Filled in the online app, but decided against turning in other materials, as I figured I'd need another year to fine tune things and maybe come up with something better.  I'm definitely gonna go for it next year, though.  Maybe I'll have a short and some actors to go with it, too.  But yeah, that's the closest I've gotten.

Why do you ask?

MacGuffin

Quote from: kotteMy question is have you every applied?

Yes.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

TheVoiceOfNick

What types of material do this want? Do they want a feature or a short?

Nick

ono

This was the page I used as a reference:

http://institute.sundance.org/jsps/site.jsp?resource=pag_ex_programs_featurefilm_apply

Specifically, that page is for the feature film program.  It outlines the ways the program supports filmmakers.  You send a synopsis and the first five (!) pages of your script, and then if they like what you have, they ask for the whole thing, then they select 15-20 filmmakers to help.  It's a long shot, but well worth it as evidenced by Hard Eight and some of the other films to come out of the lab.