Lense Flares up in tha hizzzaaaaaouse

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, July 04, 2003, 05:21:48 PM

Quote from: aclockworkjjso...it's just a well planned out shot that perfectly dissolves into JB's art??

I guess im not sure what you are refering to.. I explained the flares.. not JB's art..   I don't remember some of those lens flares "perfectly" disolving into JB's art...  In fact.. I think the only time that the art interacts with the film is the in and out of "Somewhere in Utah... D&D Mattress Man" and then the Ext shot of D&D Mattress storefront.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

chainsmoking insomniac

Very cool.  This man never ceases to amaze me.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Sally O'Malley

..the 'highlander' was a documentary and the events happend in real time.

Pubrick

Quote from: Single-serving Friendilm
too little, too late.
under the paving stones.

Sally O'Malley

..the 'highlander' was a documentary and the events happend in real time.

markums2k

Quote from: Single-serving Friendlife's story.

Oh.  Now that's very funny.

All the time they spent making this movie, I think Paul would have insisted the flares happen for real.

There's much to be said for the flare effect in Adobe Premiere, however... if the project is low-budget, or filming is more or less gorilla style, it's a perfectly viable option.

Ravi

Are lens flares generally blue like in PDL?  I can only seem to remember seeing blue ones in other films as well.

TheVoiceOfNick

For those that don't remember, Magnolia had similar lens flares also... the scenes that come to mind were at Frank's seminars...

Nick

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RaviAre lens flares generally blue like in PDL?  I can only seem to remember seeing blue ones in other films as well.

depends on the color of your source light....

Pwaybloe

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: RaviAre lens flares generally blue like in PDL?  I can only seem to remember seeing blue ones in other films as well.

It also depends on the filters on the camera, and the film stock you're using. Film stock that is tungsten balanced usually produces that blue lens flare when exposed to natural light.

Nick

aclockworkjj

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNick

It also depends on the filters on the camera, and the film stock you're using. Film stock that is tungsten balanced usually produces that blue lens flare when exposed to natural light.

Nick

Very true.....and color temp.

On subject...kinda....but speaking of neat colors....I have this idea of shooting a film crossed processed......this may not even be possible, ....but along the lines of photography, I used to shoot a lot of slide film, develop and process it as if it were print film.... and the colors and saturation are just crazy....and to make a film with this same look has always been something I have wanted to do.....

...the principles seem like they are there, but like I said...I dunno if it's even possible.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNick

Nick

Very true.....and color temp.

On subject...kinda....but speaking of neat colors....I have this idea of shooting a film crossed processed......this may not even be possible, ....but along the lines of photography, I used to shoot a lot of slide film, develop and process it as if it were print film.... and the colors and saturation are just crazy....and to make a film with this same look has always been something I have wanted to do.....

...the principles seem like they are there, but like I said...I dunno if it's even possible.

This is very possible, but very expensive... have you ever shot on film before? It's a pain in the ass and very expensive... your best bet would be to shoot digitally and do color work on it in post.

Nick

RegularKarate

Films are shot crossed processed all the time (okay, maybe not ALL the time), it's almost overdone.

but you have to know what you're doing because it's a pain in the ass.

I've never shot reel film cross processed, but plenty of stills and you have almost zero latitude to work with.

aclockworkjj