WB and their retch-inducing advertising

Started by Gamblour., October 04, 2005, 07:19:44 PM

Gamblour.

Fuck. I hate the WB.

I've hated their shows for ever, and mostly I've hated their advertising. Ever since they started referring to new episodes as "fresh", I've wanted to skullfuck every dumbass that majors in advertising. But this....this new piece of marketing joy has crossed the line.

For their new show "Supernatural", they had a commercial with textual bits of praise from critics. Some called it "the scariest thing ever," which is annoying hyperbole, but that happens. But one of these flashes of text proclaimed something that made my mouth drop, that made me want to reach through the tv and maim everyone affiliated with this abomination with rusty hedge clippers...

"OMG"

The fucking show was described as "OMG." I can't even begin to convey my rage and sheer annoyance with this kind of crap. Kids are stupid, the WB is stupid, I hate every fucking iota of the internet lexicon, now.
WWPTAD?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: GamblourThe fucking show was described as "OMG."

ROTFL.

hedwig

Quote from: GamblourThe fucking show was described as "OMG."

OMG, WTF? ROTFLMFAO. SUKKING KOK.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Kal

Smallville rocks... and last Thursday was a record breaking show for the network... which in reality is kinda sad because it had a little less than 5 points. It's still a big deal... Smallville is the best... and very fresh!

A Matter Of Chance

Smallville is... I don't know. I love comics and shit, so I tune into Smallville every now and then, and the lure of the moronic Aquaman (talking to fish, come on) dragged me to the screen... and proved wretched. Aquaman is the king of atlantis, not the star of endless summer 2. thumbs down.

Gold Trumpet

The Gilmore Girls, for their first 3 seasons, are pure bliss. Not entirely sold on the quality of their newer shows, but if you bash, I'll still feel obligated to defend it.

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe Gilmore Girls, for their first 3 seasons, are pure bliss. Not entirely sold on the quality of their newer shows, but if you bash, I'll still feel obligated to defend it.

gt. u never cease to amaze me my friend.

Weird. Oh

this may not be the proper place to admit this, but I used to semi-regularly watch Dawson's Creek.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

ono

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe Gilmore Girls, for their first 3 seasons, are pure bliss. Not entirely sold on the quality of their newer shows, but if you bash, I'll still feel obligated to defend it.
You're not alone.

Quote from: Free Form Weirdothis may not be the proper place to admit this, but I used to semi-regularly watch Dawson's Creek.
Neither are you.

Gamblour.

The title of this thread is to bash the horridness of WB. Get these Gilmore Girls and van der Geeks out of here!
WWPTAD?

polkablues

My friend Nicola recently shot a film with Nora Zehetner from "Everwood", which prompted me to watch an episode of the show.

It was not worth it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Weird. Oh

The best thing about the WB used to be the drunk singing frog. Or maybe that was the worst.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Ravi

Quote from: Free Form WeirdoThe best thing about the WB used to be the drunk singing frog. Or maybe that was the worst.

No, its the shows.

RegularKarate

Quote from: GamblourThe title of this thread is to bash the horridness of WB. Get these Gilmore Girls and van der Geeks out of here!

I saw the commercial you're talking about and while it was stupid, it didn't say anything about critics... it said "here's what fans of the show are saying on the internet".

Still a crappy network though.