Dead Like Me

Started by Xixax, August 10, 2003, 10:13:27 PM

Xixax

Anyone else watching this new Showtime show?

I don't usually go for Showtime's originals. They've always struck me as a second-class HBO wannabe. But this show is pretty great. Fun, funny, great soundtrack, cute lead... I look forward to it every week.

Discuss liberally.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ravi

Has anyone besides Xixax scene this?  I don't have Showtime, and I only recently learned of it.

MacGuffin

R.I.P.: Showtime lays 'Dead' to rest

Life is over for the series "Dead Like Me," which Showtime has canceled after two seasons, according to sources. The afterlife drama from MGM TV was denied a third batch of episodes by Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt, who is mulling his options among a new crop of drama pilots. "Dead" premiered last year on the premium cable channel to relatively strong ratings and some critical acclaim. But a second season this year fell short of the buzz it generated in its first outing. Executive produced by John Masius and Bryan Fuller, "Dead" stars Mandy Patinkin and Ellen Muth. The end of "Dead" could be a signal that Greenblatt wants to clear some room on the schedule for more than one of the new pilots he is considering for series treatment. Among the contenders are terrorist drama "The Cell" and the cop drama "Hate." A decision is expected next month.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

yeah i just wanted to say that the "girl" in this is by far the fugliest thing ever put on television.

the show was no spring chicken either.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Time to give Mandy Potamkin another shot. Dead Like Me is airing on Sci Fi now.

I enjoyed the show (caught up on it through the DVDs). Quicky and good. Not great, but better than most.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.