Cereal Dreams

Started by bonanzataz, January 11, 2003, 02:00:57 AM

bonanzataz

This section is looking pretty desolate, so I'm going to include an old short script I had lying around on the old hard drive. I actually made the movie (a 16mm black and white, silent) a year ago at NYFA's high school program, so, maybe, when I become less lazy, I'll send in a tape to Michael Wilson to be uploaded on here (just in case you guys want to see some early Drew Tobia work). Until then, enjoy... CEREAL DREAMS!!!!

INT. DINING ROOM – DAY

An old man is celebrating his birthday with family. He is surrounded by the youth of his children and grandchildren. The family sings Happy Birthday as the cake is placed in front of him with number candles that say 8-0.

Close on his face. He looks at the candles with sadness. He doesn't have anything to live for anymore. As we pull away to reveal the family ending the song, the old man takes a long look at the candles, closes his eyes, and blows them out.

FADE TO:

INT. LIVING ROOM – A FEW HOURS LATER

The family members are all leaving the old man's house. The old man sits in the couch, staring blankly. He is not senile, he is clearly thinking of something and has a certain focus. Whenever the young children walk up to their grandfather to kiss him goodbye, he looks up at them and kisses them back. The house is empty. The old man continues his gazing.

CUT TO:

INT. KITCHEN – A FEW MINUTES LATER

The old man, now wearing only boxer shorts and an undershirt, slowly shuffles to the cabinet and looks for a bowl, which he places on the counter. He goes to another counter, finds a box of cereal, and walks back to the table to pour the cereal. He shuffles to the refrigerator, slowly reaches his hand in, grabs the milk, and shuffles back to the cabinet to pour the milk into the cereal. He sits down, finally ready to enjoy his cereal, looks down and realizes he forgot a spoon. He pulls out of the chair and walks to a drawer which he opens. The drawer is empty. The old man looks into the sink and sees forks and spoons in the sink covered in cake and icing from his family.

The old man shuffles out of the room.

CUT TO:

INT. LIVING ROOM – CONTINUOUS

The old man shuffles into the room, and, with great care, lowers himself into the couch. He, with much effort, reaches over to grab the remote for the TV which lies on the coffee table. He picks up the remote, and presses the button.

A quick shot of the TV, which is showing old black and white episodes of Superman.

We cut back to a shot of the old man, who is fast asleep.

FADE TO BLACK:

INT. DREAMLAND

We are in complete blackness for at least 5 seconds. Single frame shots of Superman come into view. They interchange between frames of the old man and his daily activities, sometimes with a cape. Eventually, the cape transforms into a whole superhero outfit, and the old man is posing as a hero in his dream.

CUT TO:

INT. LIVING ROOM – CONTINUOUS

The old man awakes with a start. He stands up from the couch, seemingly effortless, but his back still feels it. It doesn't bother him though.

CUT TO:

EXT. OLD MAN'S HOUSE – LATER

We are on a shot of the bottom of the door on the front porch. The door opens, slowly. We see a pair of boots walk out of the door. As we pan up, we see a pair of old man's legs. As we pan up further, we see the old man is still wearing his same outfit, only "The Amazing Jargon" is written on his shirt in black magic marker and he is wearing a blanket around his neck like a cape. The old man steps off the porch with a very steady, sure walk.

CUT TO:

EXT. SIDEWALK – CONTINUOUS

The old man walks down the sidewalk. The neighborhood he is in is friendly, suburban, and you gather that everybody knows everybody's name.

A little girl stands at the side of a tree, looking up. The Amazing Jargon walks up to her, bends down, and asks what is wrong. The little girl points up to a branch where a meowing sound is heard. The Amazing Jargon pats her on the back, and begins to climb the tree with ease. The girl looks on, scared and eager at the same time.

A shot from the bottom of the road as the Amazing Jargon's feet come crashing down. He holds a pot-bellied pig in his hands and hands it to the little girl. Jargon walks off whistling.

FADE TO:

INT. BANK – LATER

4 men wearing ski masks are robbing a bank. The clerk is scared stiff and has a gun pointed in his face. The clerk reaches into a compartment under his desk and hands the robber money.

In the background, but not in focus, Jargon walks into the bank as the doors swing open. Jargon comes into focus as the robber holding the gun looks at him. Jargon smashes two of the robbers heads together as they collapse to the ground. He does a number on the other guy, first punching him in the face, then kneeing him in the chin, and throwing him to the ground. The robber at the desk drops his gun and money and runs off screen. Everybody in the bank cheers Jargon.

FADE TO:

EXT. STREET – LATER

A series of people are on the sidewalk. A young woman can't light her cigarette. Jargon steps in with a match and lights it for her. A young boy looks sad. Jargon hands him a huge lolly pop. The boy is smiling and happy. A homeless man is on the side of the road. Jargon hands him a 20 dollar bill.

EXT. A PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY – CONTINUOUS

The Amazing Jargon walks down the road and sees an old lady crossing the street. From across the way, he also notices a car about to go right into her. Jargon, with amazing speed, flies over to the old lady, picks her up, and runs to the other side of the road.

The old lady is bent over in Jargon's arms with her eyes closed. She, slowly, opens her eyes, and thanks Jargon. The two embrace in a long kiss as romantic music plays in the background and they walk off with each other.

FADE TO BLACK:

INT. LIVING ROOM – RAINY AFTERNOON

Thunder strikes as the old man wakes up with a start. He looks around, and finally, comes to the realization that it was just a dream. Shot of the blank TV. The old man slowly stands up and walks away. Shot of the rain pouring down the window.

CUT TO:

INT. KITCHEN – CONTINUOUS

The old man walks over to the counter where his cereal still lies. Aerial shot of the cereal bowl with a spoon at napkin at it's place setting. The old man sits down at his chair, picks up the spoon and observes it. Quickly, his face falls flat in the cereal. Milk splatters in a few places, but the old man remains, in the cereal.

FADE TO BLACK:

END TITLES

THE END
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Tiff

Hehe. I love this one! Good luck with it! I'd like to see the end product.
"Shut the fuck up!"