Banning

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, January 05, 2004, 05:43:32 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: chuckhimselfohey Pawbloe, your avatar is sweeeeet, where did you get it?

Can't you read? He won't answer that question in this thread.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

thank you MacGuffin. that was the joke  :x
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: chuckhimselfothank you MacGuffin. that was the joke  :x

That you can't read? Then how am I able to communicate with you?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

i'll be crying in the shower.
context, context, context.

modage

seeing part of my name as part of your name is making me think i'm doing more posting than i am.  can someone please ban me for excessive posting already?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

He wanted me to post it for him, and I know you guys may think he's old news and we're over it, he was banned without saying one last thing, this is just what he said.  I'm not taking sides, just doing him a favor.  The integrity of it is not my business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was banned a few days ago. I was banned over my comments in the "Here's Some Things We Can All Agree On" thread. But I wasen't banned for just these comments, I had been on the Admins shit list for awhile, because I disagreed with a few of them. Now obivously this thread I was banned in, was a fun joke thread where other people poked fun at other members.

It wasen't serious, and in the beginning you see people making fun of other members. In fact, someone calls GodDamnImTheMan a prick, haha. And then, around the 3rd page, Sigur Ros explains that I am his bitch. So obviously this thread is full of fun, intil I decide to post. Because of these people who don't like me from our past history, my comments are placed on the shit list higher then everybody elses. When I say things like, "Cinephile is such a tool" or "I think I can safely say, I can piss off P, by posting a Bozo picture. And yes, the symbolism is there. heh". These comments become huge offenses to them, as you see them explaining that I am ruining the thread.

And the PM's start flooding in, how I need to calm down over and over... Now my comments were of the same content as all the prior posts people had posted. But I am singled out. That's not right. After that post, (and its my only post in that thread", I tried to reply to a post by P. P said "51. apart from the first time he posted it, i've never reacted to cow's bozo pics.". Now when I read that, I laughed because P was outraged by me posting the picture of Bozo the Clown. He sent me numerous private messages pissed off at the clown picture. To prove his lie wrong, I took a quoted message from his one of his many PM's he sent me, and tried to put it in my message. This post never made it to the thread, because the admins deleted every attempt at a reply I could do. I logged off xixax, and the next morning I was banned. No emails sent to me, I never could read a PM they sent me.

I apologize for my annoying friend "Xeditor" but he was at my friends house. On the other computer on the dsl router. That wasen't me guys its my friend Nick, who hasen't posted in forever. Anyways his stupidity runs rampant in the next several replys back and forth.

Anyways I really enjoyed XIXAX because I enjoyed the members there. I have never hated any members at XIXAX because each one has helped me with something. I loved being on a site, where the majority of PTA fans congregated on the internet. Because that's the way I found this site, through the original PTA forums and site.

I think when you ban someone, you lose allot of variety. It's good to have people on XIXAX, you strongly disagree with because it makes the topics interesting and not all one sided, or "everybody agrees with everybody". I know their are members who hate me but I just wanna let them know, I never hated them, especially over trivial message board shit.

Chris
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Well that was a splendid public service announcement.
If you're going to play the mailman for banned people again, let me know in advance so I can make the effort to not come back to this thread.

©brad

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI apologize for my annoying friend "Xeditor" but he was at my friends house. On the other computer on the dsl router. That wasen't me guys its my friend Nick, who hasen't posted in forever. Anyways his stupidity runs rampant in the next several replys back and forth.

buuuuuuul shit. so he lives in atlanta but goes to MIT? that's one helluva commute everyday.

whatever. we're over it.

picolas

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobHe wanted me to post it for him,

Quote from: cbradwalrus and whoever else communicates w/ acjj outside of xixax, please DO NOT post any messages from him. it's not going to change anything. we banned him for a reason. it's over. any more of these messages should and will be deleted.

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=98340#98340

nonez-vous.

MacGuffin

Once again, cow is very selective about the details he gives, and doesn't tell the whole story.

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm not going to be his mailman, I just felt the goodbye thing was the least I could do for him.  But I guess you banned him for a reason, and all that rigamaroo that I don't want to get into again, and I'm sure nor do you.

So the end.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

everything he said is bullshit.

the PM he was quoting was from the first ones i ever sent him before he even posted bozo.

let's hope it really is the end.
under the paving stones.

freakerdude

I know this revival is not happy with some, but you also have the option of not reading and/or responding as well. So please take your option before reading below.

- edited to be correctly forewarned as Walrus put it.

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerfucking a. does anybody come here to relax?

how many people post here on a regular basis? it's probably in the area of the 20 or so that i see. everybody brings something different to the board, unless, of course, they're jumping on a bandwagon tossing shit one side  or the other of an argument.  when somebody goes away permanently, so do the good things that they bring. the admins obviously believe that the bad outweighs the good, but it still sucks to see somebody go when you look forward to their posts. even if this was a democracy, admins still have the power. i guess that means that we deal with their way or we leave. however, as members of the community, it's not out of bounds to be pissed or to voice concerns-- even if others are tired of hearing them. nobody's making you read this.
Wow...what a thread and so much activity I missed while on vacation. RM's statement above sums it up for me though. Walrus and then Pete backing him up is kind of an example. We are on this site which is run by admins with the power to make decisions as a sole group. I'm not even going to suggest valued members be included in a board of such, but it would be more representative of the whole community IMO. I remember the admin Ghostboy assuring me I would not be banned for my political/humanitarian views in the Saddam captured thread.

I'm not reviving this thread for a purpose, I was just away from my wired connection and missed all of this.
MC Pee Pants

©brad

Quote from: freakerdudeI'm not reviving this thread for a purpose, I was just away from my wired connection and missed all of this. I know this revival is not happy with some, but you also have the option of not reading as well.

i wish it was that easy.

Pubrick

whatever. that is the biggest cop out, it's never that easy. cos then i can easily say "if u don't like what u see on this board then don't read any of it and go sumwhere else". where does it end? it's a stupid thing to say.
under the paving stones.