put your Gondry right here.

Started by picolas, April 18, 2004, 01:23:38 AM

picolas

this is one of my favourite Gondry videos evar. i think with that and Eternal he's really starting to tap into the deeply, beautifully personal side of his work potentiallized in the short film "La Lettre" and the "i've been 12 forever" doc on the dvd.

didn't think the director's label thread or eternal thread would work.. so there. whenever you find a new one of his up, give this thread a ring.

Walkie Talkie Man
Mad World

most clips get posted here, come to think of it.

:|  :arrow:

The one he co-directed with brother Oliver "Twist" Gondry is great.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopioThe one he co-directed with brother Oliver "Twist" Gondry is great.
i think ur talking about Star Guitar?

in which case yeah it's definitely the pinnacle of that sort of game where every image corresponds to a sound. been done before and he did sort of the same thing again in Hardest Button to Button. i hope he's over that now cos his best stuff is less literal.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: cronopioThe one he co-directed with brother Oliver "Twist" Gondry is great.
i think ur talking about Star Guitar?

in which case yeah it's definitely the pinnacle of that sort of game where every image corresponds to a sound. been done before and he did sort of the same thing again in Hardest Button to Button. i hope he's over that now cos his best stuff is less literal.

Oh,  I thought "Behind" by Lacquer was the only one that he had co-directed...  I was talking about that one. Have you seen it?

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopioOh,  I thought "Behind" by Lacquer was the only one that he had co-directed...  I was talking about that one. Have you seen it?
oh yep that's more recent, i assumed it was the other one cos Behind ain't that great.

time-lapse is another thing that is dead, the most interesting things happen in an instant.

the last amazing video he made was prolly Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, tho i havn't seen the Willowz one or Mad World version 2, isn't that just gary jules on a bike?
under the paving stones.

The Mad World video is linked in the first word of this thread and yes , it is very very beautiful.

Just Withnail

Quote from: cronopioThe Mad World video is linked in the first word of this thread and yes , it is very very beautiful.

Indeed it is. So very elegant and simple.

El Duderino

i like "The Hardest Button to Button"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Raikus

I enjoy his work so much and normally I really wouldn't. He's a person that promotes an innovative idea over execution and normally I think those things deserve an equal part. His videos are very rushed looking and rough, but that's what contributes to his style.

I personally like the original Mad World video better just because of Donnie Darko, but this newer one has the same visual aesthetics as the song and helps promote it.

And I can't agree with P on the time-lapse. No technique is ever truly dead, only waiting to be revitalized by an innovative spirit.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

bonanzataz

more info from imdb, partially about gondry.

QuoteStunning redhead Julianne Moore has bared all for an arty 42-page spread in American high-society magazine W. The actress appears lounging provocatively on a chez lounge, wearing only gold-colored shoes and a huge red ring as part of a three-story spread - told in pictures. The naked picture, shot by Michael Thompson, begins a pictorial tale about a Mrs Robinson-type diva who seduces a younger man. The spread also features an odd tale of a woman who loses her nose, shot by video maker Michel Gondry, who manages to erase the actress' nose in one of the shots and has her attending a business meeting wearing a fake nose and glasses in another. The shots can be seen in the September W.

that looks exciting.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

I can see it now:

"What did you buy that for?"

"There's a cool thing about Gondry in here."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sure, sure, sure. Don't forget to wash your hands!"

pete

Quote from: bonanzatazmore info from imdb, partially about gondry.

QuoteStunning redhead Julianne Moore has bared all for an arty 42-page spread in American high-society magazine W. The actress appears lounging provocatively on a chez lounge, wearing only gold-colored shoes and a huge red ring as part of a three-story spread - told in pictures. The naked picture, shot by Michael Thompson, begins a pictorial tale about a Mrs Robinson-type diva who seduces a younger man. The spread also features an odd tale of a woman who loses her nose, shot by video maker Michel Gondry, who manages to erase the actress' nose in one of the shots and has her attending a business meeting wearing a fake nose and glasses in another. The shots can be seen in the September W.

that looks exciting.

Freud buffs, eat your hearts out.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bethie

Quote from: CinephileI can see it now:

"What did you buy that for?"

"There's a cool thing about Gondry in here."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sure, sure, sure. Don't forget to wash your hands!"

haha. hey now.

I'll
be buying it just for the Gondry