Sony Develops Paper DVD

Started by Ravi, April 20, 2004, 12:25:03 PM

rustinglass

thwrow them against the wall and watch them sparkle, that's the way to do it!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Raikus

It is progressing the technology and will probably make typical DVD's cheaper. I can see the security benefit (I don't know if there's really a market for it though), but it sure beats the "self destructing due to oxidation" DVD's they are coming out with.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

But you could just fold one up and steal it....

Raikus

In the future burning DVD's will be considered vandalism and xeroxing them will be considered piracy.

Oh, what a wonderful world.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

Quote from: RaikusIn the future burning DVD's will be considered vandalism
Actually, I would think burning paper DVD's would be considered a fire hazard.  :?

Ravi

Quote from: StefenI bet they will include them with happy meals with some trailer of some crappy straight to video disney flick. People are too lazy nowadays, oh you can't dispose of your secret nasa plans? You have to cut them with scissors? fuck that. Nothing is old school anymore.

I can see it now...

At McDonalds:

MOM (to daughter):  You spilled ketchup on your free Little Mermaid DVD?

At NASA:

BOSS (to engineer):  You spilled ketchup on the only copy of our new satellite plans?  Remember what I told you when you did that to your Little Mermaid DVD?