The Dark Knight

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 01:34:06 PM

Gold Trumpet

I don't believe the Philip Seymour Hoffman rumor. He's too trendy a choice to be accurate. Bob Hoskins, on the other hand, would be perfect, if they are even going to use The Penguin.

Kal

This movie will suck. Save $200 million and let it go. Do a Radioactive Man movie!

MacGuffin

Who is Next at Bat?
The latest Batman villain rumors.

A scooper has advised Moviehole of two actors who might be frontrunners for villain roles in the next Batman film. The report requires one to read between the lines; I have and here's what I've determined.

For the femme fatale role, Moviehole's source claims that "this is the first screen appearance for this character in the Batman films and she has a very close connection with a major character in Nolan's first Batman movie. She will be out for revenge against Bruce Wayne and Gotham in a major way."

The unnamed actress is said to be a SAG and Golden Globe nominee who is currently five months pregnant. "She will be in tip top fighting shape once production begins to roll early next year but not before she throws a few coins in a fountain."

That actress would be Rachel Weisz, a nominee for her role in The Constant Gardener, who is pregnant with the child of Darren Aronofsky, who directed her in The Fountain.

But which character is the scooper referring to? The most likely choice seems Ra's Al Ghul's daughter Talia, given that "she has a very close connection with a major character" in Batman Begins and is "out for revenge against Bruce Wayne and Gotham."

For the role of The Joker, the big-name actor that Warners and director Christopher Nolan are said to be eyeing "has a major film coming out this summer and it's a sequel to one of his biggest hits. In fact, his performance in the first movie was nominated for an Oscar."

That actor, of course, is Johnny Depp, an oft-mentioned fan fave to play The Joker.

Moviehole's source adds that "rumor is that he might be interested depending on the script, which is being written right now."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Depp... that would be something... I'm trying to imagine!

Gamblour.

That would be incredible. But man, it still stings to read that Aronofsky made it with Weisz. She's so hot. One day, Gamblour....one day.
WWPTAD?

modage

weisz for talia is perfect.  i can see her now with hair covering up part of her face.  thats great.  i'd never considered depp for the joker, and he might be too big a name for nolan to consider him but if he did get part it would likely be great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

If they do end up casting Depp as the Joker, I will eat my socks.

It will be that cool.

Gold Trumpet

Depp would be a mistake. He's too glamorous for the role and the tone of the series. I'd much prefer Geoffrey Rush or certain others already rumored.

Just Withnail

I agree with GT. I don't want the Joker to become just another one of Depp's wacky routines, which I've become tired of. I feel Crispin Glover has a perfect natural craziness that chimes really well with this part, though he's probably not in the run.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

squints

Quote from: Just Withnail on January 13, 2006, 08:12:24 AM
I feel Crispin Glover has a perfect natural craziness that chimes really well with this part, though he's probably not in the run.

I never thought of that but...you're right! He's got the face and the wackiness. Brilliant!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on January 13, 2006, 07:04:08 AM
Depp would be a mistake. He's too glamorous for the role and the tone of the series. I'd much prefer Geoffrey Rush or certain others already rumored.

Depp would be a mistake because Cillian Murphy already channelled Depp to play the Scarecrow.

Geoffrey Rush wouldn't be a horrible choice but not the best either.  But that would just trounce on the memory of his performance in Mystery Men.

I still like the idea of Vincent Cassel though.

modage

geoffrey rush is too old and oldlooking for the mostly younger cast.  how could bale be archenemies with his grandad?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Batman Hits Australia for Villains?

The sequel to Batman Begins could become an Australian affair now that Hugo Weaving and Hugh Jackman are in the running to play villains. The two Aussie movie stars are the latest names linked to play The Joker and Harvey 'Two Face' Dent in the upcoming superhero adventure, according to moviehole.net. Producers are yet to nail down a firm list of candidates for Two-Face, but Firewall star Paul Bettany and another Aussie, Lachy Hulme, are reportedly being considered for the role of The Joker.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

Paul Bettany as the Joker? i could see that
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche