The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

modage

mention of TLA in interview at Dark Horizons for Starsky and Hutch.

Question: How much time did you have to spend in the water for the new Anderson picture, "The Life Aquatic"? Were you in submersibles at all or did you actually have to get in the water?

Owen Wilson: It was one of those things like every movie that's always kind of a big crisis; 'Oh, you need to go over to Italy and you gotta go and do all this diving. You're going to have to go get certified, but you can't be certified in America, it won't work there...' And then you go over there and you hardly do any diving.

Ben Stiller: So the Italians are really tough on the certification?

Owen Wilson: Yeah (laughs)

Question: Why is that film being shrouded in such secrecy?

Owen Wilson: I wasn't aware that it was. Really? I didn't know that. I play a guy named Ned Plimpton... (Ben leans over and whispers in his ear) Oh, ok... You know what? I'm not going to be able to talk about it, someone has advised me that if I answer that question, in a court of law, they can prove that I had knowledge. No, it's kind of inspired by Jacques Cousteau and Bill Murray plays a Cousteau character. It's not that secret. [I play] Ned Plimpton. I fly for Air Kentucky and I may or may not be Bill's son.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mutinyco

Kate's LIT pose is mildly amusing. But I'm still convinved this film will never be finished. It'll just go on and on...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

In which glorious month of the year is this movie getting a release date?
context, context, context.

meatwad

december 25, 2004. at the moment

Just Withnail

Quote from: meatwaddecember 25, 2004. at the moment

Crap, that's too fucking late.

Ernie

Quote from: Withnail
Quote from: meatwaddecember 25, 2004. at the moment

Crap, that's too fucking late.

IMDB claims it to have a December 1st release date as of today (march 18th) when I checked it. They've been reliable in the past so.....here's to hoping for the sooner one.

bonanzataz

probably dec 1 limited. dec 25 wide.

either way, i'm seeing it before you...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleepless

December... It's gonna be 2005 befoer it hits the UK then  :cry: And this is the movie I'm most looking forward to at the moment...  Sure there's KB2 and the ladykillers... Sob
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Slick Shoes

Apparently, Roman Coppola was one of the second unit directors on this film, even though he's not listed as such on the InternetMDataB.

context, context, context.

modage

but the site is still down. that is all.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

A Matter Of Chance

meatwad

those we the photos from vanity fair, which were posted one page back in this thread