Garden State

Started by Ghostboy, March 19, 2004, 07:33:01 PM

A Matter Of Chance

Pubrick

ok this is officially the best movie of all time.
under the paving stones.

Raikus

Good stuff. Now I'm really amped to see this movie again.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Pubrickok this is officially the best movie of all time.

Well, Zach Braff's daddy told him time and again, "Try hard enough, and you'll make it."

Jeremy Blackman

I didn't know it would be this bad. Yet another Pubrick prediction proven.

The cheerful extended conversational irony is jaw-droppingly obnoxious (especially in the first two clips). This could also be Natalie Portman's most annoying role ever. It looks like the worst parts of Kate Winslet's Eternal Sunshine performance extended to epic length, and with token conversational philosophizing.

One prediction: Natalie Portman's character has cancer. And that's why she's so spontaneous.

modage

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanOne prediction: Natalie Portman's character has cancer. And that's why she's so spontaneous.

SPOILER
nope
END SPOILERS
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

whoa, all the real girls in the suburbs.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Slick Shoes

He's actually telling people his main influences are Sofia Coppola and Wes Anderson? What a dummy. He should have said Godard and Kurosawa.

Ravi

Quote from: Slick ShoesHe's actually telling people his main influences are Sofia Coppola and Wes Anderson? What a dummy. He should have said Godard and Kurosawa.

Why stop there?  Edison and Lumiere!

pete

why stop there?  Confucius and Zeus!
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

Why stop there?

because I said so

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

i cant wait to see this.... those clips are soooo indy........

pete

Quote from: Stefenkeep going girls.

keep doing girls.  or keep trying anyways.  you premature ejaculating powder powdered milk baby.
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: pete
Quote from: Stefenkeep going girls.

keep doing girls.  or keep trying anyways.  you premature ejaculating powder powdered milk baby.

WEAK. I will keep doing girls. And the premature ejaculation isn't a problem, never has been.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.