The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

jokerspath

Seriously, this is a great thing.  But there is no way I'd make it through , I'd end up hating it...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

©brad

im doing the three day thing. just got to get me sum tickets and a senorita or 2 to go w/.

Banky

i heard that golum and Sam have a sex scence in ROTK

Sleuth

Quote from: Bankyi heard that golum and Sam have a sex scence in ROTK

So what?  Are you anti-gay now or something?
I like to hug dogs

Banky

no in fact im eagerly anticipating the steamy showdown.

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Find Your Magali

Quote from: rustinglassThis is funny.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/board/nest/3215388

Yes, it was amusing. I stopped reading, however, after somebody wrote, "I think David Lynch's 'Dune' is incredible." That movie scarred my childhood.

MacGuffin

The Return of the King Trailer Online This Monday!
Source: New Line Cinema

New Line Cinema will debut the new trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King in theaters around the world on Friday, September 26.

In North America, the 2 min., 30 sec. trailer will play exclusively with New Line's Secondhand Lions, now in its second weekend of release. It will be in theaters throughout the weekend and will then debut online at LordoftheRings.net on Monday, September 29.

On December 17, the Journey ends. Co-writer/director/producer Peter Jackson's adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's revered trilogy concludes with the worldwide release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. With intimate, emotional stories set against an epic backdrop, "The Return of the King" tells the dramatic final story of these men, their relationships and rivalries, and how through courage, commitment, and determination even the least of us can change the world.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

/Just saw this the trailer in front of Matchschtick men. Gave me chills. Some of the shots...man - one of the most impressive shots has all the effects work in the background, but its just so damn impressive.

From the reports I've read I think for some reason the UK one is different to the American one.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ghostboy

I saw the new trailer too (the American version, if there is a difference). It looks great, but it lacks a certain oomph...mainly with the music. Doesn't work quite as well as the awe inspiring Two Towers trailer with the Requiem score. Nonetheless, it looks amazing, and the text saying 'This Christmas, the journey comes to an end' put a big lump in my  throat.

Redlum

Quote from: Ghostboy'This Christmas, the journey comes to an end' put a big lump in my  throat.

I keep wondering - at the end of the film (in cinemas this is)  will there be a standing ovation? I guess it depends on the tone the film departs on. Maybe a kind of teary eyed slow-building clap would be more appropriate.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Redlum

Much better quality version available now. Server is under considerable strain though.

-  George Lucas

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Banky

yeah it had great visuals but it didnt really have that "umph" as GB wrote