Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: ddiggler6280is it true that the original trilogy is being released on dvd only as the special editions and not the original cuts?

Yes. Welcome to the wonderful world of redirect:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=411
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

ah yes. thanks.

well thank god i still have the old trilogy on vhs. looks like that might be the definitive version.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

modage

Episode III Teaser to Debut on Hyperspace
Source: StarWars.com October 21, 2004

Lucasfilm reports that the anticipated teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will make its theaterical debut with Pixar's The Incredibles in the U.S. and Canada on November 5.

However, members of StarWars.com Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on the site the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4. This exclusive member-only preview will be in high-quality QuickTime format.

Subscribers to AOL will also be able to see the trailer in streaming video formats starting November 4, and look for the trailer on TV the evening of November 4.

The public debut of the teaser trailer will happen on November 8th at StarWars.com.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

'Star Wars' Spoilers Hit the Web

A flood of detailed Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith "spoilers" has hit Internet chat sites following screenings of a rough-cut version of the film. (Typical: "Does Yoda really fart in the movie?" "In the rough cut, he did." "Will we see Yoda use his lightsaber any time beside the fight with Sidious?" "Heck, yes. Yoda even cuts someone's head off!") Those who have seen the rough-cut have been unanimously enthusiastic about it. The film is scheduled to be released on May 19, 2005.

Ghostboy

Just to avoid a flurry of naysayers...while I haven't read all the spoilerific details, the Yoda farting thing is apparently just a gag ILM threw into the rough cut to freak people out.

Just Withnail

Hehe, yeah, sadly, lowering expectations may be the way to go. That said, I'll probably stay home sick on the 4th as the trailer debuts. Last time around, I'll be praying.

Jeremy Blackman

cine

He's gotta stop standing over those giant fans...

Just Withnail

Well, I'm not exactly a giant, but as a fan, he can stand over me anytime  :wink:

Really interesting poster.

Ghostboy

Yeah, good poster. I'll avoid excessive hyperbole and end this post now.

Pubrick

the awkwardness is strong in this etc..

what's with that tiny human head growing out of darth vader's neck?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

That is stupid and I don't like it. It looks like a trading card or something. Bogus.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

When I first saw it, I thought it was a 'fanboy' poster. It lacks the 'professional' look of a Drew Struzan-type work. Darth looks like Jabba.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

According to DigitalBits, the Star Wars: Episode III trailer is going to be shown on Access Hollywood tomorrow night, in addition to being available on Star Wars.com (only to paying Hyperspace members of course). It will also be in theaters this weekend with The Incredibles. And you can reasonably expect that ripped copies of it will be available to download everywhere around the Net soon enough.

Skeleton FilmWorks