Desperate Housewives

Started by Slick Shoes, October 29, 2004, 12:38:02 PM

Slick Shoes

Just saw an episode. Has an American Beauty vibe to it..

MacGuffin

Quote from: Slick ShoesHas an American Beauty vibe to it..

It owes A LOT to "American Beauty;" from the dead person voice over, the wife who has to have everything neat and perfect, the dark humor, even the framing of the dinner table scenes. I caught the pilot episode on a repeat after all the hoopla about the huge ratings, and after that I was hooked. It's a really funny show, especially Felicity Huffman's character wrestling with her terror kids.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

I've found the show's structure a little repetitous and boring:

- Voice over opening, ooooh, there's mystery
- Teri Hatcher humiliates herself
- Felicity Huffman hates her kids
- The chick with the brown hair almost gets caught cheating
- The Melrose Place chick shows her hatred for her husband
- Nicolette Sheridan gets all hoed up
- Oh yeah, there's a mystery, let's end on a cliffhanger

Blah.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Weak2ndAct

..soem people might think that i am white trash for saying this but the lady from melrose on this show is phuckign gorgeous.........

red hair chicks are hot.  most of them cant match their clothes with their hair and they end up looking ugly.  they are elusive but like in this case there is something special about this lady...shes got a great body and my dice say that "all red hair women love to put out" ..its in their nature

think...

-[fire]-[put out]

......it makes sense., if you dont believe me..then sit down and actually think about the last red hair woman you met or know of.........t.h.i.n.k......... :idea: , yes, do you now remember their  nympho ways....?/?

Sigur Rós

I have to admit that I'm addicted to this show. I've seen all 20 episodes. Do I need help or is it perfectly normal?

Ravi

We watched the episode that recapped the first season in a writing class.  I can see how people are hooked to it.  Still, it had that sort of "generic perfect-but-not-perfect suburbia" vibe to it.  I hear ABC has moved it around the schedule quite a bit.

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndActI've found the show's structure a little repetitous and boring:

- Voice over opening, ooooh, there's mystery
- Teri Hatcher humiliates herself
- Felicity Huffman hates her kids
- The chick with the brown hair almost gets caught cheating
- Nicolette Sheridan gets all hoed up
- Oh yeah, there's a mystery, let's end on a cliffhanger

Blah.
totally. i stopped watching when i realised i was predicting every single development.

this is what boring ppl think "edgy" is.
under the paving stones.