24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Gamblour.

Yeah, but first they should go back to the gimmick/thesis of the show. you know, that it's in REAL time. I'm getting super sick of that. I haven't abandoned the idea that made the first season so great. The episode where CTU is all gassed up, that was the best in quite some time. It actually seemed like an hour.

And 24 in the future would be horrible. I mean, they can already hack anything and trace anyone. The whole terrorist plot would be over in a few hours. They should go back to the 1880s and trace Jack the Ripper and some shit.
WWPTAD?

before i watched the show i imagined that the split screen played a more important part and was there to explain what was happening in the rest of the world, like australia or finland. as in there were other events developing in the world. my belief is that they need to get out of the united states to make the series better.
context, context, context.

Ravi

The last season, whenever that may be, should be on another planet.

Jack:  Alright, Timbloajmakragh, what are your demands?
Timbloajmakragh:  I want full immunity, in writing, signed by the President.

Kal

Chloe, I need you to hack into the Contium Transfuctioner NOW!

'i'll patch it through before you go dark.'

Gamblour.

Great episode, great cliffhanger. And best of all, not a single fucking instance of the president and his wife. That's why this episode was magnificent.
WWPTAD?

ono

My bro and I were joking that this ain't no love story, and then we have the sweet scene with Audrey and Jack.  Nice.  Great ending at the plant.  "Don't be a hero, Jackie," I'm thinking.  Of course he has to run back at the plant.  Wouldn't be Jack if he didn't.  Hilarious how one explosion hits, then another, then Bierko smacks his head on the cop car.  And the cliche scene before that of Jack running away from the flames.  Nice, if derivative.  I'll count it as a send-up.  Oh, and Curtis just happened to have a C4 with him.  "Check."  Haha.  Okay, I'll take it.  They're on field duty, so whatever.

That new chick, the one who replaced Edgar.  Cute, but unstable already.  This plotline is gonna bore me and annoy me already, I can tell.  Hopefully she's gonna be here to do more than cry "sexual harassment."  And here I was with her until that comment she made after Buchanan "touched" her.  Ugh.

Gamblour.

Yeah, but the new chick's comment was worth it if only for Chloe's reaction.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 27, 2006, 09:12:22 PM
That new chick, the one who replaced Edgar.  Cute, but unstable already.  This plotline is gonna bore me and annoy me already, I can tell.  Hopefully she's gonna be here to do more than cry "sexual harassment."  And here I was with her until that comment she made after Buchanan "touched" her.  Ugh.

That was a pretty funny moment.  It felt like the end of a comedy sketch where it turns out the girl's sexual harassment claims turned out to be total crap.

picolas

that was one of the SOLIDEST episodes ever. every minute was great. i wonder if the former x-files guy wrote that one.

Quote from: onomabracadabra on March 27, 2006, 09:12:22 PMThat new chick, the one who replaced Edgar. Cute, but unstable already. This plotline is gonna bore me and annoy me already, I can tell. Hopefully she's gonna be here to do more than cry "sexual harassment." And here I was with her until that comment she made after Buchanan "touched" her. Ugh.
that was the joke. i think it was the end of the storyline.

polkablues

I'm just so happy that Jack didn't jump right before the explosion went off behind him, a la every action movie explosion ever in the history of explosions.  24 earned big credibility points in that one moment.

I'm thinking if they ever decide to kill off Jack Bauer, the new main character will be..... AARON, the secret service guy!  He's just a straight-shooter with upper management written all over him.  Plus, he's never smiled.  That's one of the key requirements to being a 24 star.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Quote from: polkablues on March 28, 2006, 01:12:17 AM

I'm thinking if they ever decide to kill off Jack Bauer, the new main character will be..... AARON, the secret service guy!  He's just a straight-shooter with upper management written all over him.  Plus, he's never smiled.  That's one of the key requirements to being a 24 star.

me and a friend call him the obi-wan of 24.

Kal

Last episode was good, but it pissed me off a little bit. Here's why:

(((((((((((((  BIG SPOILERS!!!!!! ))))))))))))))

They talked about the VP so much all episode that it was obvious that he wasnt involved. I think the writing on that one was very poor, because they just made it too obvious. They always add that element of complete shock and surprise the last second, so it was absolutely a fact that he wasnt the one.

The fact that the P was the one behind it doesnt really make sense. The reason being is that, even if you consider the rests of the day behavior an act, which it didnt seem to be, how do you explain his Season 4 behavior? Unless the guy planned this day since the day he got elected as VP, and was himself involved in the death of the old President as well, it really makes no fucking sense. Who the fuck is the guy? Keyzer Soze??

Besides that, even the wife that knows him for so long didnt notice. And what about Walt Cummings and all the other bad guys we've had so far before Robocop? I dont know... it just seems like it could be the biggest thing since Nina Myers, or the worse writing since Kim Bauers Season 2 story.

grand theft sparrow

(((((((((((((  SAME BIG SPOILERS AS KAL!!!!!! ))))))))))))))

Quote from: kal on April 04, 2006, 09:19:33 AM
Last episode was good, but it pissed me off a little bit. Here's why:

(((((((((((((  BIG SPOILERS!!!!!! ))))))))))))))

They talked about the VP so much all episode that it was obvious that he wasnt involved. I think the writing on that one was very poor, because they just made it too obvious. They always add that element of complete shock and surprise the last second, so it was absolutely a fact that he wasnt the one.

The fact that the P was the one behind it doesnt really make sense. The reason being is that, even if you consider the rests of the day behavior an act, which it didnt seem to be, how do you explain his Season 4 behavior? Unless the guy planned this day since the day he got elected as VP, and was himself involved in the death of the old President as well, it really makes no fucking sense. Who the fuck is the guy? Keyzer Soze??

Besides that, even the wife that knows him for so long didnt notice. And what about Walt Cummings and all the other bad guys we've had so far before Robocop? I dont know... it just seems like it could be the biggest thing since Nina Myers, or the worse writing since Kim Bauers Season 2 story.

I totally agree.  If people are skeptical about the Lost writers having no clue where they're going, I DEFINITELY think that the 24 writers had no idea last season that the president would be THE bad guy this season.  Maybe if we go back and do a Chazz Palminteri on everything the president did on the show since he took office, maybe there's a connection but as of right now, I feel like this was a cop-out.  But at least this shitty president will be gone by the end of the season.

And I remember saying a few weeks ago, the only place left for the show to go is to make the entire presidential administration the bad guy and have Jack essentially take down the government.  But I thought that would be a season 6 thing. 

Quote from: cronopio on March 29, 2006, 12:20:24 PM
Quote from: polkablues on March 28, 2006, 01:12:17 AM

me and a friend call him the obi-wan of 24.

I think you're thinking of Mike Novick.

sickfins

Quote from: kal on April 04, 2006, 09:19:33 AM

i'm sure it's all some big, hilarious misunderstanding.  logan probably thought he was doing something good, like walt.  or maybe they suddenly secretly have something of his under control, like what's her face's daughter.  probably not though.  he's probably just bad

fucking show