24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

diggler

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 11, 2007, 12:20:34 AM
Instead, they wanted "24" to show torture subjects taking weeks or months to break,

this is a joke right?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 13, 2007, 12:06:43 AM
Yea! Two hours free of the president's sister!

"WE HAVE TO GET WALID OUTTA THERE!
...After i take a break for breakfast and waste up a shitload of screen time."
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Kal

Well I agree with that about the sister, but honestly the 2 hours of screen time this week seemed like 20 minutes. Nothing happened.

I think Jack's return to CTU was lame also, as it was his first time there for a long time and he didnt even hug Chloe.

I cant complain much about this cause its Jack Bauer, but so far this season is not that great. And I hope they dont go with the same plotline in Season 2 of removing the president and bla bla bla.

I think the guy behind Chad Lowe is either Jack's father or ex-President Logan.

picolas

Quote from: kal on February 15, 2007, 10:39:56 AMAnd I hope they dont go with the same plotline in Season 2 of removing the president and bla bla bla.
Chad Lowe said he wasn't talking about hearings.

Kal

SPOILERS

Last episode pissed me off... the lack of security is stupid.

With the country on the highest alert level EVER someone can still smuggle a bomb into the presidents SECURE ANTI-BOMBING refugee and make it explode... fucking stupid.

Besides, nobody monitors that room were Chad Lowe is hiding Lennox... but dont people standing in the hallways see him getting there like 20 times in the past 2 hours? Nobody wonders what the fuck he is doing in there or ask him?

Logan is a rat piece of shit... I like that I fucking still hate the bastard... I cant believe he was responsible for killing David Palmer. He was one of the best characters.

modage

Human Giant Update... ("24" Edition)

We just finished the majority of our shooting our MTV show "Human Giant" on Friday and we'll be back in New York to finish up editing, test screen stuff, and put the show together.

On Thursday, we shot episode 2 of "Spacelords" (one of our new episodic pieces) with Mary Lynn Rajksub. My character, Udon, was her love interest. It may the only time in television history a character with a ponytail and a widow's peak has had a love interest. Even though my experience with it was brief, I can safely say the PT/WP (ponytail/widow's peak) combo is very deadly and not recommended for casual use.

Of course, Mary Lynn plays Chloe on "24," so in between takes, I would repeatedly bother her for "24" gossip. Here's some interesting tidbits she gave up:

- DB Woodside aka President Wayne Palmer is notorious for stealing food from the "24" craft services table. If you watch certain takes in the oval office scenes, you can see packs of dried apricots hanging out of his pockets.

- Actor Carlos Bernard held a mock funeral for his character Tony Almeda. Cast and crew did not attend and Bernard went apeshit and stole 3 laptops from the CTU set.

- This was a real shocker - the death of fan favorite Edgar Stiles was not supposed to happen, but was written into the series when actor Louis Lombardi walked into a room full of poisonous gas. Luckily cameras were still rolling and Mr. Lombardi stayed in character, thus allowing the footage of his death to make it into the series.

On a related note, I had my first official Kiefer Sutherland encounter in a bar last night in LA, but was too scared to say anything. My friend Jonah did have this exchange with him as we left.

Jonah: 4100 bar! (Implying we should all go there next, as the place we were at was closing)

Kiefer: Kyaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

He did not show up there, but it was awesome to hear him make that noise.

http://www.thehumangiant.com/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

i was really hoping the first few pieces of gossip were true.

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS FOR JUST ABOUT EVERY SEASON

I missed last week's episode but I was given the highlights.  So, in the last 8 years or so, there's been three attempts on the same president's life (once when he was running, once while in office, and once after he left office, which was successful), one president was assassinated while in office, his successor was guilty of treason, and now there's been an attempt on the current president's life.  Oh, and 2 nuclear bombs have been detonated on US soil with the promise of more and there have been a couple of chemical attacks too.

Nothing.  Just... you know... wow.

Ravi

And there were two black presidents!

my favourite scene was when palmer number one cried when a dude told him that a sixteen year old boy was killed in some riots.   
i don't watch this show anymore
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cronopio on March 06, 2007, 04:58:57 PM
i don't watch this show anymore

My friend, you're missing out. The biggest cliffhanger/suspenseful storyline is if Morris will go back to drinking again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

The Morris story pisses me off.  We have this potentially interesting story about a guy shaken up by the fact that he's just possibly facilitated the explosion of three nuclear bombs and the writers give him the cliche of alcoholism to show his anguish???  I should know better than to desire anything close to psychological drama on 24...

Kal

I hate to admit it but I'm getting the feeling 24 jumped to the abyss...

I mean, a lot has happened over the seasons thats unrealistic, and all that... but they were still super entertaining and keeping you in the edge.

This season, is NOT... everything is super predictable, and it starts looking more like The Apprentice with everybody fucking each other to get what they want and then getting caught... they all seem so smart, yet they are not.

Last episode was also the first time Jack got himself into trouble without even thinking how to fucking escape. They blew the door over him. Why did he walk there knowing all the people were outisde? I mean, it made no sense at all even for Jack Bauer. He always picks up the phone right away before even walking one step.

The jackass vice president, the stupid thing about doing the best to save the country... nobody fucking believes that so stop repeating it. I dont know, most of the dialogue just bothers me and I dont watch this excited like before... really bad that 24 and Lost are going down this year... although Lost keeps being original and I still have hope for them.

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on March 08, 2007, 01:29:28 AMI dont watch this excited like before...

And the cliffhangers are so ho-hum. I would stay up till morning watching the DVDs because I had to know how the situation was solved at the end of each episode. But this season doesn't make we want each Monday to come so soon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Quote from: kal on March 08, 2007, 01:29:28 AMWhy did he walk there knowing all the people were outisde? I mean, it made no sense at all even for Jack Bauer.
yeah. that was easily the worst moment in the entire series. UNLESS it turns out next week that Jack was working with the Russians all along because he wanted to get back at everyone for constantly doubting him despite his record of saving the US at least 5 times and the Russian they're tracking down is a decoy and they beat Jack up to make it look like he has real sensitive information (ala beating up that other guy at the beginning of the season so he'd look like a terrorist) so when he leads ctu to the desert they'll be effed.