Upright Citizens Brigade

Started by Sleuth, August 28, 2003, 04:40:20 PM

Sleuth

Season 1 is coming to DVD on November 4.

And you will buy it because it will have lots of extras that only leaves space for commentary on 4 episodes
I like to hug dogs

Bud_Clay

perfect luck for me just when i purchase the entire show on crappy ebay vcds.

now where in the god damn is a seinfeld dvd set?

Pas

Seinfeld = not until 2011 I heard somewhere ... might be bullshit though

Raikus

They don't plan Olympics that far ahead. So I'm definitely thinking bullshit.

(although there might be a clause in the syndication contracts that states they can't come out with seaon DVD's until that date)
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: Pas RapportSeinfeld = not until 2011 I heard somewhere ... might be bullshit though

That would be absolutely torturous.  I hope that is false.  I know how we can get a Seinfeld dvd release within days!  I'll just purchase a shitty vcd version off ebay and then you guys'll be set.

ProgWRX

I cant believe UCB is getting a DVD release while something like Kids in The Hall isnt :(
-Carlos

ShanghaiOrange

Ha! Then do I have news for you. KITH is coming to DVD. It's on www.tvshowsondvd.com.

UCB is probably the best show ever. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

meatwad

Has anybody here ever been to the UCB Theatre in New York? I've seen the ASSCATT show and Stella perform there. I almost pissed my pants laughing so hard during the Stella show.

And if you guys have not seen the short films Stella had at all their shows, go to //www.stellacomedy.com and download them. They are hilarious

BonBon85

I went to the UCB in New York Saturday night and saw Mother, but I haven't been to any shows with the actual UCB members yet. I hope I can soon. It's great because it's pretty cheap. ($5 during the week and $7 on weekends).

Sleuth

Quote from: ProgWRXI cant believe UCB is getting a DVD release while something like Kids in The Hall isnt :(

you broke my heart

Quote from: MeatwadHas anybody here ever been to the UCB Theatre in New York? I've seen the ASSCATT show and Stella perform there. I almost pissed my pants laughing so hard during the Stella show.

And if you guys have not seen the short films Stella had at all their shows, go to //www.stellacomedy.com and download them. They are hilarious

High five
I like to hug dogs

ProgWRX

Well my comment wasnt mean to rag on UCB, i just meant that it was so short lived compared to KITH...  :oops:
-Carlos

Sleuth

Best friends forever!

and let me make something clear from that last post

I was high fiving Meatwad for Stella

I've never been to UCBtheater or New York
I like to hug dogs

ono

I saw a few players from the Upright Citizens Brigade in the spring in a small play called Secret Slut (I think).  It was about the very promiscuous daughter and her relationship with a secret service agent.  Hilarious stuff.  Lewis Black was touring with them I believe, giving some sort of comedy talks, and in the hallway after the show he basically whizzed past me before I could realize who it was and say anything.  That was a cool night.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Note to self: Get both of those.

I also hope that 2011 rumor on Seinfled is bullshit, even though there are a fabillion episodes.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

I think Strangers with Candy season2 also comes out the same day
I like to hug dogs