A Tortellini Story - journey into food

Started by kotte, January 23, 2004, 06:58:51 PM

ono

Quote from: kotteI might seem self-absorbed but I'm proud of this project..
As you should be.  Living the dream.  Always something good to see.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

jasper_window

Congratulations.  What system are you going to edit on?  Were you able to stay within your budget?

SoNowThen

And more to the point: were you able to score with a hottie actress or make-up assistant?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jasper_window

Quote from: SoNowThenAnd more to the point: were you able to score with a hottie actress or make-up assistant?

...or an impressionable, gullible PA?

SoNowThen

We need someone to quote from that scene in Schizopolis right now...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

jasper_window

damn I wish I could help.  It's the only movie by Soderbergh I haven't seen and I just got it from netflix.

kotte

Quote from: jasper_windowCongratulations.  What system are you going to edit on?  Were you able to stay within your budget?

I'm going to edit on an avid machine. Looking foward to it.

Did I stay within my budget? Pretty much...a few extra hundred dollars in post...but yeah, pretty much.

From idea to finished 35mm film copy (and DVD copy of'course), it will land on about $6750.

If you have an idea of what you're doing...do it! Save up some money and shoot 35mm...you can't imagine the energy of having a real 35mm camera on set. But only if you know what you're doing...it's expensive.
Do a couple on DV before you move on to film...and write, never stop writing...never stop writing. If your writing is strong you will get the chance to direct. It's the honest truth.

kotte

Quote from: kotteIf you have an idea of what you're doing...do it! Save up some money and shoot 35mm...you can't imagine the energy of having a real 35mm camera on set. But only if you know what you're doing...it's expensive.
Do a couple on DV before you move on to film...and write, never stop writing...never stop writing. If your writing is strong you will get the chance to direct. It's the honest truth.

That didn't make me sound big-headed at all...:) It's more trying to convince myself...

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

Quote from: El Duderinosorry, what does DV stand for?
do u know what DVD stands for?

well DV = DVD - D
under the paving stones.

Pedro

kotte

Quote from: P
Quote from: El Duderinosorry, what does DV stand for?
do u know what DVD stands for?

well DV = DVD - D

What are you talking about?

DV stands for Digital Video.
DVD did stand for Digital Video Disc...but today it's Digital Versatile Disc.

Pubrick

oh right.

well i was right about DV anyway.
under the paving stones.

cine

Quote from: kotteDVD did stand for Digital Video Disc...but today it's Digital Versatile Disc.
Cool. I wonder what it'll stand for tomorrow.

kotte

Behind-the-scenes video: .

A 2 min video I cut together for your pleasure... :)