Hide And Seek

Started by MacGuffin, October 21, 2004, 09:28:32 PM

Myxo

Is this the worst career move ever for Robert Deniro?

Pozer

No that was about 6 or 7 movies back. Somwhere between Rocky and Bullwinkle and Showtiiiiigod I don't understand Deniro at all anymore.
This one's the icing on the cake though.
Why would he ruin a once genuine looking legacy?

sickfins

Quote from: MyxomatosisFire, wheel and building ninjas were hidden.

:yabbse-thumbdown:

i refuse to accept a thumbs down

fire ninja is plainly visible in the fire.  wheel ninja is partially obscured by the explosion and of course the wheel.  building ninja is notably more difficult but you should have been expecting something like that.  you should be glad i didn't try to put in a ticket line ninja or something

Pozer

fun little hide and seek game sickys.

RegularKarate

I got talked into seeing this.
It probably doesn't need to be said, but it's fucking aweful.  Not one moment of this movie was worth viewing.
I was hoping Dariusz Wolski would make it at least slightly nice to look at, but he either phoned it in or the director specifically told him to make the film visually uninteresting.
The entire story is written around a twist that doesn't even work.  I can forgive a bad twist if the rest of the movie is fun, but the entire film was just different attempts to throw the viewer off the track of the actual ending.  Funny thing is that anything you could possibly guess at given the "clues" would have been better than the actual ending.

It was truly aweful... on par with The Forgotten.

SPOILER:

Oh yeah, what was up with her needing to say the name of the movie once more before she shot him.  lame

Quote from: sickfinsthere are more than seven. all ninjas are visible, there are no ninjas in the van yet.

That's not a fair statement though, is it.  The white one is clearly not visible.

mehico

"Debra Birnbaum in the New York Post describes it as a "schlocky thriller choking under the weight of its own psychobabble." Joe Morgenstern in the Wall Street Journal sums up the movie this way: "Robert De Niro collects another stupendous paycheck for starring in another piece of exploitable junk." Likewise Tom Maurstad in the Dallas Morning News comments: "Add this movie to Robert De Niro's climb up Mount Hackdom." Ann Hornaday in the Washington Post observes that at times it "veers tantalizingly close to being one of those movies that is so bad it's good, but in the end, it's so bad it's just . . . bad." "

taken from IMDB.com
You are the son of incestuous union.

sickfins

Quote from: RegularKarateThat's not a fair statement though, is it.  The white one is clearly not visible.

he's a very light shade of grey.  not easy to see but not impossible either.  try turning down the brightness of your monitor if you're really having trouble
i'll play more fairly next time

Pozer

OH YEAH, OH YEAH I TOTALLY SEE HIM NOW...wait. no, no. False alarm. i scrolled up and the wall area of the picture ended up in the dust spot on my screen.