Motorcycle Diaries

Started by El Duderino, August 15, 2004, 05:55:59 PM

matt35mm

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: El Duderinobenicio del toro really looks like him

And will be playing him in the upcoming Che movie directed by Steven Soderberg.
Del Toro and Soderbergh?  I dunno... sounds like an awkward match to me.  I hope they work well together.

Quote from: Hedwig
Che looks like Edward Burns a little in that picture.  Actually wait, no, he looks like some other actor that I can't quite pinpoint.  I don't think he looks that much like Del Toro, but Del Toro can still pull it off.

cine

Ask Mac who he looks like. He's the best with this stuff.

Ghostboy

MacGuffin

Quote from: El Duderinoreally? i had no idea. i just pulled del toro out of my ass

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=5883

Quote from: matt35mmDel Toro and Soderbergh?  I dunno... sounds like an awkward match to me.  I hope they work well together.

I'm probably missing the joke, but anyway, Soderbergh did direct Del Toro to an Oscar in "Traffic."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Yeah, I was joking.  Sorry.

The story behind Del Toro's performance in Traffic is interesting; he came up with much of it through collaborating with Soderbergh and Gaghan--the character was originally very different, I gather.  I think it was a plainer character, maybe somewhat stereotypical, but they all worked together to form a fascinating character, which is what ultimately won him the Oscar and critical praise.

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffin

Quote from: El Duderinoreally? i had no idea. i just pulled del toro out of my ass

i guess internet sarcasm really is hard to catch
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

hedwig

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: MacGuffin

i guess internet sarcasm really is hard to catch

This is shocking. I laughed out loud when I read your post. It's incomprehensible that anyone would take it seriously.

Whatever.

I don't like Mel Gibson.

Pas

Quote from: matt35mmYeah, I was joking.  Sorry.

No you weren't, liar.

Thrindle

Quote from: Pas Rapport

No you weren't, liar.
YOU'RE BACK!  (how's your love life?)   :wink:
Classic.

Pas

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: Pas Rapport

No you weren't, liar.
YOU'RE BACK!

No I'm not, liar.

my friends review:

Fell in love in amores perros, tried to keep calm in y tu mama tambien but I have officially lost it in motorcycle diaries. I'm likely to go berserk and cut myself in public if I see bad education any time soon. Gael-Garcia-Bernal. In the words of dear bacchanale, "I love all three." Haha.

So if you see him around, can you please tell him I said this:

I like to take foto-camera (amimals , towns , nice nude models and peoples).....
I have home - car .........
I like to be friendship from different country ..
Who you want to come TURKEY I can invitate .....
You can stay my home
Ay kis yu!!!!!!!!!!

foray

What a great film. When I came out of the cinema, I overheard a man remark "That was a badly-lit film". Maybe he's a "film critic". Wasn't it just atmospheric?  :yabbse-undecided:

I was satisfied even though there wasn't a great crescendo in the story. As the voice-over says, "this isn't a tale of heroic feats".
touch me i'm sick

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI thought this was a very good film, but not great -- it was a moving travelogue, but I also thought it lacked the deeply felt compassion that was so present in Salles' Central Station. The scenes with the lepers were beautifully done, but it didn't feel quite enough like the turning point that I think it was supposed to represent, dramatically...and for that matter, dealing with the lepers (and the other people on the journey) should have been the turning point, and not the swim across the river.
yep.  i like bernal, and it was good but unfortunately falls into my category of 'sundance movie'.  not quite something i can love totally.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Thrindle

I really liked this movie.  The transformation of the characters, from beginning to end, was believable and subtle.  Very real.

The only problem was Gael Garcia Bernal.  To put it bluntly, he is too intensely delicious for me to pay full attention (to anything but him).   :kiss:
Classic.

Gamblour.

I thought this movie was great, Macchu Pichu is beautiful, I have to go see it now. I loved every bit of this. I think it's funny, Bernal's doctor partner didn't seem to be like such a sexual dynamo, so watching him hook with women the whole movie was really funny, I thought.
WWPTAD?