Bewitched

Started by Finn, April 26, 2004, 03:10:24 PM

Kal

product placement is a big one, sponsorships, endorsements... thats a big part of the income for some movies... especially ones that people are familiar with and can relate

i havent paid much attention to bewitched, and i havent seen the movie. its a given that they use a lot of product placement in it. i dont know if there were any special promtions, but they probably did something. i saw a lot of stuff in new york, but i guess it wasnt effective cause i dont remember which brand was it.

but again, your question was about bewitched, but movies in general i think. star wars is a case where they made a lot of money on advertising. same as spiderman, same as minority report, etc etc...

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

Ravi

If any of you see this, I will kill you.

Weak2ndAct

Please, Ravi, kill me.  I should have listened.

This is hands down, one of the most unfunny train-wrecks ever.  Unbelievable.  I really applaud Family Guy for the joke where Stewie sees the Clippers joke in the trailer, then takes a plane, then a car, then gets a stepladder, just to go to Will's house to deck him.  I would like to extend that one bit further and go to Nora Ephron's house and hit her in the face with a sledgehammer.  

The movie is so insulated, so based in Hollywood bullshit and dumb pop culture that it's obvious Ephron's never had one second of a REAL LIFE.  God.  And the joke with Amy Sedaris at the end is embarassing, pathethic... it hurts.  It really hurts.

modage

should've gone with your gut.

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on page 1WHAT THE FUCK.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.