A Very Kid Rock Christmas...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, December 09, 2003, 01:34:22 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: PGDIDM, u can't deny Kid Rock's career is dead, and Eminem is still popular and has a very large ensemble of artists on his label and side projects which hav collectively brought him lots of dough in addition to what his own records bring in.

let's name some artists Kid Rock tried to endorse.. Uncle Cracker.

end of argument. pretending kid rock is still cool is like pretending garth brooks is.

How is Kid Rocks career dead? He just released a new album, and he's been everywhere lately, hell he even one BEST MALE POP ARTIST at the AMA's! Also, if you knew anything about kid rock, you'd know his album sales never take off immediately. I dunno about you but i constantly see his "Feel like making love" on heavy rotation on Vh1 and on MTV (although not as much.) I havent heard anything on Eminem in the longest time! (although obviously to state his monster career is dead would be retarded) Also, Eminem is smart signing all these artists, but Kid Rock never intended on becoming a producer. BTW Uncle Cracker's "Double Wide" album wasnt concedered a failure. Hell it sold a cool 5 mill!

Some of you guys really need to do some sort of research before you start spitting arugments that dont even make sense.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: Bankytoo bad he is not even close to the most succesfful white rapper GD.  Eminem has put out three highly succesfull albums and kid rock had one flash in the pan.  Eminem is the second most succesfull white rapper behind the Beaties in album sales.  Plus Em is a highly succesfull producer as well.

Banky although the Beastie have sold more albums. Kid Rock's Devil Without a Cause has sold more than any ONE white rapper album, whether it be the Beasties, Eminem, Bubba Sparxxx (i hate that guy)

Anyway, i hope you guys dont feel like im attacking. Im just defending my role model. lol

Banky

hey dont get me wrong, i think that Kid Rock is really talented and i have seen him twice in concert but to say that he is more succesfful of a white rapper than Eminem is pretty ludacris

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Bankyludacris

Do you have any idea how funny and ironic that is?

Pubrick

Quote from: God Damn I miss JJHow is Kid Rocks career dead? He just released a new album, and he's been everywhere lately, hell he even one BEST MALE POP ARTIST at the AMA's! Also, if you knew anything about kid rock, you'd know his album sales never take off immediately. I dunno about you but i constantly see his "Feel like making love" on heavy rotation on Vh1 and on MTV (although not as much.) I havent heard anything on Eminem in the longest time! (although obviously to state his monster career is dead would be retarded) Also, Eminem is smart signing all these artists, but Kid Rock never intended on becoming a producer. BTW Uncle Cracker's "Double Wide" album wasnt concedered a failure. Hell it sold a cool 5 mill!

Some of you guys really need to do some sort of research before you start spitting arugments that dont even make sense.
yeah u might be right, i was talking about exposure here and outside of america. i guess if u look at things like that (only in america) everything becomes fucked up. anyway, i believe u, he sold a lot of bullshit records, good for him. i havn't heard anything from him in years.

uncle cracker selling 5 mill. and he's still dead. amazing isn't it.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Bankyludacris

Do you have any idea how funny and ironic that is?

i try

GodDamnImDaMan

when i state he's the "most successful" white rapper i mean album sales, also if you didnt know. One of Eminems rolemodels growing up in Detriot was Kid Rock.

I would go as far as to state that kid rocks older shit from Early Morning Stone Pimp LP back in detriot is better rapping than anything i've ever heard from Eminem. If you dont believe me, go download the album. Definently check out Kid Rock's "Freestyle Rhymes"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Kid Rock is decent, and most of his songs do indeed, rock.  MOst of his old songs.  Since his songs are about himself, his money, his women, etc. it gets sort of repetitive (which is why I hate rap to begin with).  But his songs that aren't so much about his super cool life, really rock hard.  He'll always make reference to himself, but when he rambles about his coolness, it gets boring.  My suggested songs by him (that were good)

Bawitdaba
I Am The Bullgod
Fuck Off
Lonely Road of Faith
American Badass

those are the first that come to mind, anyway...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

E-Snizz

Yeah, but I'm the guy that has to put up with GDIDM blasting this shit every time we're in his car. lol

And being more successful than Eminem?? WTF? Eminem's gotta have sold more all together and had more top ten hits/singles.

Saying Kid Rock is more talented/successful than Eminem(or anyone for that matter) is just plain retarded. 99% of xixax members would agree.

freakerdude

you have to remember that record sales do not take into account for the larger customer base today as opposed to 30 or 40 years ago.

Just a few so called band's single albums that sold more than Kid Rock's DWAC:

Meatloaf
Hootie & The Blowfish
Backstreet Boys with 2 albums
Def Leppard
Bon Jovi
Boyz II Men
Titanic Soundtrack
MC Pee Pants