Xixax Awards?

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 30, 2003, 07:40:41 PM

©brad

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIf we do this, I think we should limit the frivolous categories.

Yeah I think you're right. Part of the thing with the Golden Globes is that there are so many different categories they all wash together and seem meaningless. Maybe we should cut them down a bit.

I don't see any reason why we should separate the foreign film category. I think it's a mistake, why not include them in the general nominations? Talk to Her should be eligible for best picture this year.

Maybe best DVD of the year could be another possible category.

Keep it simple. Maybe just the basic Academy nominations with a few others? Then once all the nominations are in we do polls for the winners?

Too bad we don't have the chat room, we could all log on and announce the winners live. Okay now this is really starting to get geekish.

Cecil

Quote from: cbrad4d
I don't see any reason why we should separate the foreign film category.

good point.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIf we do this, I think we should limit the frivolous categories.

I agree, but I don't think "Worst Film" is too Frivilous.

Also, let's cut some... why do we have to seperate Actors and Actresses?  Why not "Best Acting"?

Gold Trumpet

I think when the nominees are chosen and everyone is picking one to win, just keep the thread to where people type what they say so mods can count who wins and keep the winners at some levels a secret.

Also, promote the idea that people don't have to nominate 5 choices, that they can also nominate 1 or 2 only.

I think the categories should be simple, but also different maybe fitting for different categories that would be more common place for an internet discussion board. Here is a list of the categories for the awards in my opinion:

Best Picture
Most Creative Movie (to capture best screenplay and most creativity in a movie)
Best Standard Hollywood Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Breakthrough Peformance (to cover all of supporting roles)
Best Director

~rougerum

Cecil

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
~rougerum

why?

Gold Trumpet

Why not? Because of all the honoring of films that aim higher, there are some good movies being made at just the Hollywood level. I think it would be interesting to see what some people around here would list as the best of the standard hollywood movies. Not saying it is the best, but giving some credit to the movies that are very good and operate within the studio system. Also, if it wasn't for the support of the studio systems, all movies that are indepedent and get major recognition wouldn't be there.

~rougerum

GodDamnImDaMan

I take it there will not be a "creamiest pants" catagorey then....

Oh well....
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

MacGuffin

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManI take it there will not be a "creamiest pants" catagorey then....

Oh well....

Who could/would compete with you?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI think when the nominees are chosen and everyone is picking one to win, just keep the thread to where people type what they say so mods can count who wins and keep the winners at some levels a secret.

Also, promote the idea that people don't have to nominate 5 choices, that they can also nominate 1 or 2 only.

I think the categories should be simple, but also different maybe fitting for different categories that would be more common place for an internet discussion board. Here is a list of the categories for the awards in my opinion:

Best Picture
Most Creative Movie (to capture best screenplay and most creativity in a movie)
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Breakthrough Peformance (to cover all of supporting roles)
Best Director

~rougerum

Best standard Hollywood movie? What the hell does that mean?
I think you should keep it simple. The more awards to have for different movies, i.e. creative movies, standard movies, the more they all wash together.
Best picture is best picture, whether its 'standard' or 'creative.'

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBest Standard Hollywood Picture

No, No, No, No, GOD NO[/b]

Gold Trumpet

*rolls eyes* c'mon, why not honor a movie that operates on a different level too? Some great movies have been made there.

Since I am getting bitching everywhere, the award thing should just go for the most basic since anything beyond that creates chaos.

But enough talk, and do it.

~rougerum

Xixax

Needs more planning. I say we first "elect" a director for the project who can oversee stuff and make final decisions (with input from everyone here, of course).

Any volunteers?

JB?  8)
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

hmmm....i'll vote for jaybee.

Gold Trumpet

Definitely allow JB take the control of this.

~rougerum