Brett Ratner

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 04:09:31 PM

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffinThe trade adds that Rush Hour 3 will cost around $100 to make

That's a record low for a feature, isn't it?

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Brett Ratner can do anything.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffinSince 1998, Tucker has only made two films: Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2.

...and thank the Lord for that.

His foley recording on After Sex was excellent.

jtm

supposedly he went to Africa to help fight AIDS and it changed his life and he's giving up on acting.  he's only doing Rush Hour 3 to fulfill his contract agreement.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jay Tee Emhe's only doing Rush Hour 3 to fulfill his contract agreement.

...and to work with Ratner again.

I mean, who wouldn't want to?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Tucker Likes 'Rush Hour' Outtakes

If Chris Tucker has his way, the next "Rush Hour" movie will be filled with more Jackie Chan mishaps than ever.

Tucker said the next film in the Brett Ratner-directed action-comedy franchise is in the works. "Everybody loved the outtakes. We're going to make the movie one big outtake," he said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: MacGuffin"We're going to make the movie one big outtake," he said.
At least he knows it's a mistake from the start. :yabbse-undecided:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

Chan Says Tucker Holding Up 'Rush Hour 3'

Jackie Chan says the third installment of "Rush Hour" is stuck in neutral because co-star Chris Tucker is making too many demands.

"He wants too much power. The movie company hasn't obliged. He wants final editing rights and the final look at the movie and so on," Chan told The Associated Press Thursday.

Chan called Tucker a "good friend" but questioned whether he had the stature to be so demanding.

"He's still a new actor," Chan, 51, said. "How many movies has he made? Two movies have already made him very famous and made him a lot of money."

"He needs to learn slowly," he added.

A call by The Associated Press to Tucker's publicist, Samantha Mast, wasn't returned Friday.

While "Rush Hour 3" remains in limbo, Chan said he's going ahead with another project one with famed Chinese director Zhang Yimou. Zhang's recent films include "House of Flying Daggers" and "Hero."

Chan declined to reveal details of the movie, saying only that it would be "galvanizing" and is set in the 1980s. He said the idea is his, but Zhang will work on the script.

"He relies on imagination ... like an arrow flying through water," said Chan. "He has elevated the martial arts genre. I believe he can make any type of movie now."

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: GingerRatner is probably my favorite director of all time.  The first time I saw Rush Hour, I swooned.  When I saw it a second time, I swooned again.  The third time I saw it, I also swooned.  When I heard they were making a sequel, I swooned.  When I actually saw the sequel, I swooned again.  Then I found out about these other films he had made so I just had to search them out.... well, actually, I never found them but if I did see them I'd probably love them just as much as I love Rush Hour 1 and 2!   :-D  :-D  :kiss:  :yabbse-grin:  :yabbse-wink:

youre not being sarcastic right? ok,
assuming youre being sincere, i got this to say: i re-thought the Ratner thing -- I used to say "oh i hate him" and then i noticed that I own 3 of his movies and i like all of them....and realized that although hes not a director whose films i follow with an eager eye, i like "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour 2" ,,i mean, they're funny.....Red Dragon" is my least favorite Hannibal Lecter film but it's still not terrible..... - so there ya have it.

im not happy that he's directing "X-Men 3" but otherwise, Ratner is a-okay.

Ghostboy

His films are perfectly mediocre, but not terrible. Where most of the hate for him (at least on this site) originates are his digs towards PTA.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: GingerRatner is probably my favorite director of all time.  The first time I saw Rush Hour, I swooned.  When I saw it a second time, I swooned again.  The third time I saw it, I also swooned.  When I heard they were making a sequel, I swooned.  When I actually saw the sequel, I swooned again.  Then I found out about these other films he had made so I just had to search them out.... well, actually, I never found them but if I did see them I'd probably love them just as much as I love Rush Hour 1 and 2!   :-D  :-D  :kiss:  :yabbse-grin:  :yabbse-wink:

youre not being sarcastic right? ok,
assuming youre being sincere, i got this to say: i re-thought the Ratner thing -- I used to say "oh i hate him" and then i noticed that I own 3 of his movies and i like all of them....and realized that although hes not a director whose films i follow with an eager eye, i like "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour 2" ,,i mean, they're funny.....Red Dragon" is my least favorite Hannibal Lecter film but it's still not terrible..... - so there ya have it.

im not happy that he's directing "X-Men 3" but otherwise, Ratner is a-okay.

Well.... yes, it was sarcasm.  I don't love the guy or his films but I don't hate them either.  I've only seen Rush Hour 1 and 2.  I like the first one and I don't care for the second one.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Redlum

Quote from: GhostboyHis films are perfectly mediocre, but not terrible. Where most of the hate for him (at least on this site) originates are his digs towards PTA.

I thought he idolised PTA? The red dragon documentary where he gets the stills photographer to take his picture like a PTA one. What happened?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

matt35mm

No, it was that he considers himself and is often named among the ranks of PTA, because they were both hip, young new filmmakers around 1997, both working at New Line (so New Line often put them both in the same sentence--PTA for Boogie Nights, Ratner for Rush Hour).

Ratner seemed to believe his own hype, and was thus regarded as a poopyface.

Pubrick

also, the man has no neck.
under the paving stones.