THE MARS VOLTA---> AMAZING

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 10:05:26 PM

Thecowgoooesmooo

So anyone else as much of a huge fucking Mars Volta fan as me? I absolutely love there music, they are like the modern Pink Floyd and Crimson. Absolutely great.

If you haven't heard of them, heres a song that will get you hooked on em. Download...

The Mars Volta- Televators

chris

NEON MERCURY

..the floyd reference...

do you mean early floyd..(i.e.  piper, saucerfull, meddle,
middle(darkside, annimals, the wall, final cut,
latter...(momenntary lapse of reason, divisioon bell)

justcurious as to what era mars volta sounds like floyd....

Thecowgoooesmooo

I would definately say earrrrlllyy Floyd.

What do u think?

chris

NEON MERCURY

....sounnds cool:..

like Space rock//prog rock right??????

aclockworkjj

isn't the dude from At The Drive In-- in this band?  invalid litter dept. (i think it's called??) is probably one of the best videos i have ever seen....

the little i have heard from mars volta...i like.  need to hear more, what a good album to get?

just snagged televators...good stuff, might be my bowl speaking tho.  (i can hear the floyd reference...but yeah, more leaning towards early floyd.)

Sleuth

Quote from: aclockworkjjisn't the dude from At The Drive In-- in this band?  invalid litter dept. (i think it's called??) is probably one of the best videos i have ever seen....

the little i have heard from mars volta...i like.  need to hear more, what a good album to get?

just snagged televators...good stuff, might be my bowl speaking tho.  (i can hear the floyd reference...but yeah, more leaning towards early floyd.)

I think 2 people from ATDI are in it, the others are in Sparta

I think the first two tracks on Deloused are AWESOME and the rest all sounds the same
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: Slobh
Quote from: aclockworkjjisn't the dude from At The Drive In-- in this band?  invalid litter dept. (i think it's called??) is probably one of the best videos i have ever seen....

I think 2 people from ATDI are in it, the others are in Sparta

I think the first two tracks on Deloused are AWESOME and the rest all sounds the same
i say all the songs sound the same, but it's a really good

i like it alot

NEON MERCURY

..i'm trying to pin down their vibe...

are they in this vien..portishead, massive attack, sector 9, TRIP HOP?

Sleuth

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..i'm trying to pin down their vibe...

are they in this vien..portishead, massive attack, sector 9, TRIP HOP?

Not at all

the first 2 tracks I talked about (which are linked as one song) give off the same kind of energy as Led Zeppelin - Achilles' Last Stand if that helps any.
I like to hug dogs

Thecowgoooesmooo

Well generally, Volta is usually under the genre of Punk Rock, or just Rock if you want to go bigger.

But if you want to get real specific I made up my own name I call for this type of genre.

I call it Punk Experience Rock.

Because I consider this type of music, similiar to Pink Floyd, a drug induced type of experience music, with all 5 speakers blasting in surround sound.

Volta dosen't even like to genre themselves, in fact they say their next album may change sounds...

But thats just my own definition. Just opinion

chris

European Son

I like At the Drive-In better. Brent D. of Pitchfork put it best: The Mars Volta is like a non-cheesy Dream Theater. Too much excess.

Sleuth

Brent D hardly ever says anything worthwhile.  And I fail to see how TMV relates to Dream Theater
I like to hug dogs

freakerdude

Mars Volta was supposed to open up for Snoop & The Chili Peppers when here in Atlanta last summer. I think one of the guys had just died and they had to cancel so it was just Snoop and RHCP.

I checked into them a bit when I saw them on the bill and the reviews sounded great......kind of like my stuff. I couldn't find crap on bearshare.

Mars Volta
MC Pee Pants

Sleuth

Quote from: freakerdudeMars Volta was supposed to open up for Snoop & The Chili Peppers when here in Atlanta last summer. I think one of the guys had just died and they had to cancel so it was just Snoop and RHCP.

I checked into them a bit when I saw them on the bill and the reviews sounded great......kind of like my stuff. I couldn't find crap on bearshare.

Word on the street has it that they suck live
I like to hug dogs

meatwad