In defense of glitter

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, August 18, 2003, 01:20:03 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

ok here it is im gonna defend glitter a movie that was shit on by 99% of the people who have never even seen it

the reason people wanted to hate it is, mariah has that perfect fake pop happy image then she goes nuts that summer so people got happy

and the film was doomed since day one

i didnt want to see it but my girl did and ya know what, not great but not bad, and it had one perfect thing in it but later for that

purple rain is one of my fav films ever, so i like these kinda films this is not as cool as purple rain, but this would be the sort of film i would watch when i was 15 on a saturday aftenoon on channell 20

just a harmless film about a chick who wants to make it, not one single really embaressing moment

ok now to the perfect part , the guy in the movie who plays her boyfriend record producer

He fucking nailed that part, he played a music fanatic with dreams of making it so perfect

he was one of us, cept were movie fans who want to make movies

him it was music and he plays it so real

ever try and explain to your girlfriend with such passion why you love a scene in a movie

he does this in the film, he shows her all his favorite instruments, and they are not gay ass generic hollywood guitars, he shows her timbalays and stuff and tells her about how quincy jones got started in the biz and thats his hero and he wants to be just like him

the guy is played by Max Beesley and he was really fucking good in the movie, and i know snobs will turn their noses up but too fucking bad while your wasteing your time watching some un watchable preteniouce art film, here is a film that has some great stuff in it, but i really wish you guys could see those scenes with him, he played it perfect

a music fanatic who someday wants to be a stara nd he has the talent and the drive to do it, yet he is still star struck by great music and not jaded

he is the kind of guy who would dig in a crate and find a old lost stevie wonder song and flip out even if he is wearing a rolex

thats why i liked the film

Max Beesley

i knew you snobs would ignore this but know this Max Beesley in this film, puts to shame the entire film high fidelity when it comes to music fanatics

jack black singing lets get it on, gee isnt that song WAYYYYY Played out

every fucking movie when a sex scene comes out they use it, in the animal rob schneider goes to fuck a goat and that song plays , and in crossroads britney uses it

and that movie where neve campell thinks matthew perry is gay , they use it

i have more examples of that song being played out, great song but i would never use it in a movie, or EVER in a movie about guys who are " music fanatics"

i would tell you the right song to use but im saving it for myself

lets get it on, so played out

i guess when somone like PTA name drops Max Beesley in glitter for being great , you guys will change history and say you loved him way back when

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesi knew you snobs would ignore this but know this Max Beesley in this film, puts to shame the entire film high fidelity when it comes to music fanatics

every fucking movie when a sex scene comes out they use it, in the animal rob schneider goes to fuck a goat and that song plays , and in crossroads britney uses it

i have more examples of that song being played out, great song but i would never use it in a movie, or EVER in a movie about guys who are " music fanatics"

i guess when somone like PTA name drops Max Beesley in glitter for being great , you guys will change history and say you loved him way back when

Hate to burst your bubble, but no I wouldn't.  Max Beesley sucks ass and so does Glitter.  But I won't trash you preferences....it is, after all, an opinion.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pas

I hate it when people pretend they like shitty stuff to seem "cooler than cool"

Ghostboy

I watched Glitter, and it's awesome in its cheesiness and funny and all and worthwhile for some laughs, but it's also no good. It's no 'Purple Rain' by a damn sight (I know you said it wasn't on the same level, but still...Mariah vs. Prince? Please). Max Beesley struck me as nothing more than a competent actor earning a paycheck. I honestly don't even remember what he looks like.

chainsmoking insomniac

Yeah! Kick ass av is back!
Still not as cool as your very first one tho.....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

Quote from: Ghoulardi Goon
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesi knew you snobs would ignore this but know this Max Beesley in this film, puts to shame the entire film high fidelity when it comes to music fanatics

Hate to burst your bubble, but no I wouldn't.  Max Beesley sucks ass and so does Glitter.  But I won't trash you preferences....it is, after all, an opinion.

have you seen the movie, and based on your past opinions if you said you liked him he would of done something wrong

your worthless here

Quote from: GhostboyI watched Glitter, and it's awesome in its cheesiness and funny and all and worthwhile for some laughs, but it's also no good. It's no 'Purple Rain' by a damn sight (I know you said it wasn't on the same level, but still...Mariah vs. Prince? Please). Max Beesley struck me as nothing more than a competent actor earning a paycheck. I honestly don't even remember what he looks like.

re watch the scenes where he talks about his love of music its so great and real and not fake in a hollywood way

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones

have you seen the movie, and based on your past opinions if you said you liked him he would of done something wrong

your worthless here

Would you like to repeat that?  Coherently this time....I'm really trying to decode your bashing.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Quote from: Pas RapportI hate it when people pretend they like shitty stuff to seem "cooler than cool"

what a stupid thing to say, when did i say this was a GREAT movie, i said this guy was great his part and he got lost in the shuffle and some day he will be re discovered but not by somebody with your choice of pics

chainsmoking insomniac

OMG....you actually compared Glitter to High Fidelity.  Sweet Christ.  Okay....I've got to take a deep breath here...
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones

your worthless here

Would you like to repeat that?  Coherently this time....I'm really trying to decode your bashing.

i will slow it down for you as i know you are planning a new screen name revolving around Blood & Blossoms

have you seen glitter ?

and based on your prior opinions , if you were to say you liked him it would be for two reasons he must of fucked up and did something wrong or a cool hip source has deemed him great

those are the only two ways you would like him

now answer my question have you seen the film

Alexandro

This is so funny I frankly don't know if it's some kind of joke...

I went to see Glitter, to the movie theatre, a friend of mine draged me there, telling me it woul dbe fun to laugh at the cheesines of it all...It didn't even do that. It's boooooooooooooooooooooooooring, all of it, every second is longer than a second. Every cliché there is, you find it. It's hard to believe there are people out there like these people. Don't compare me to that written by th enumbers character who likes Quincy Jones. I never particularly hated Mariah Carey, in fact I kinda like her, but the movies is a bomb. Is the cheapest attempt to make a buck, just like Crossroads (but I was wise and didn't watch that one). It's directed towards idiot people who don't distinguish a movie from a soap opera...

Purple Rain???? Give me a fucking break. Purple Rain had great music at least.
The only movie that 've seen on the theatre that is worst than Glitter (I mean since that time) is Charlie's Angels Full Throttle, wich is not even a movie, in my opinion, and I'm stil l shocked to see a lot of nice opinions on that one here at Xixax....

i never said it was purple rain and i still say that 99% of the people dissing this film is because its vouge to do so

max beasley, he did a good job

on a project that was doomed from the start he could of done a shitty job but he said fuck it

ya know what most internet people are like jack black in high fidelity, and these people go no where in life

but there are a few people like the maz beasley guy out there and they make movies and music that make life great

thats why philop seymore hoffman is so popular online, people relate to him and the charecters he plays

me i thought max in glitter was what a real music junkie dj is like and not a hollywood version, which the studio im sure wrote for him, but he transended what could of been a shitty part

alexandro, maybe when you saw it you drank the water that daya nd we all know mexico and its water

Alexandro

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesi never said it was purple rain and i still say that 99% of the people dissing this film is because its vouge to do so

max beasley, he did a good job

on a project that was doomed from the start he could of done a shitty job but he said fuck it

ya know what most internet people are like jack black in high fidelity, and these people go no where in life

but there are a few people like the maz beasley guy out there and they make movies and music that make life great

thats why philop seymore hoffman is so popular online, people relate to him and the charecters he plays

me i thought max in glitter was what a real music junkie dj is like and not a hollywood version, which the studio im sure wrote for him, but he transended what could of been a shitty part

alexandro, maybe when you saw it you drank the water that daya nd we all know mexico and its water