sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

RegularKarate

Not bad... almost half as good as my video would have been.

so hard to live up to the emotional peak of that song really.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopiothe glosoli video is now up in their uk website:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.html

it almost made me cry. almost. almost...
that's what the concert felt like.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

you guys aren't helping.... :(
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

meatwad

just got back from seeing sigur ros at beacon theater here in ny. great, great show. they started off with glosoli, and they just rolled through all the great songs for around two hours. some highlights include the long pause during "loftarasa"(i don't know if they have been doing this all tour, but they pause the song, and backround video of dolls, for an extended period of time, and then jump back in. the whole place was silent) and "vaka", in which there were some moments where i almost cried

if you can, i highly suggest seeing them. it was my first time, and i will def catch them next time they are in town. and get there early, because the opening band, aminia, are really good. pubrick said it best when he said "mum without the vocals"

EDIT: Setlist
glósóli, ný batterí, svefn-g-englar, sæglópur, njósnavélin, viðrar vel til loftárása, vaka, hoppípolla, haffsol, smáskífa // encore: popplagið, avalon outro

mogwai

i have added a poll. so please vote on the band you like the most.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaii have added a poll. so please vote on the band you like the most.

yeah, they all like sigurrós and if you made a poll about xixaxusers mogwai and sigurrós you would see the same result.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Why must I choose between the two??

I choose Sigur.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pozer

Quite lovely new masterpiece.  Quite lovely and masterpiece don't quite justify my thoughts after the first spin, but I never know how to takk or say how I feel about this band to others so...

What are your thoughts...?

Dirk

Lovely, just lovely.

Love,
Dirk.

xoxoxo.

EDIT- I still like Mogwai better.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

mogwai

Mogwai to preview new songs

The band are treating fans to a New Year tour

Mogwai have announced plans to premiere new material from their fifth album in the New Year.

The post-rock pioneers will give fans the chance to hear tracks from the follow up to 2003's 'Happy Song For Happy People' for a seven day jaunt of the UK and Ireland.

They will play:

Dublin Temple Bar Music Centre (January 7)
Belfast Spring and Airbrake (8 )
London ICA (10-14)

Following their tour dates the band will also release new single 'Friend Of The Night' on CD, 7 inch and as a digital download on January 30.

Mogwai will also play a gig in Edinburgh for the mental health awareness charity One In Four and a concert in Glasgow for Refugee Awareness later this month.

The dates are:

Edinburgh Cabaret Voltaire (November 28 )
Glasgow The Arches (29)

The as-yet-untitled album was recorded in the band's new Castle of Doom studio in Glasgow with producer Tony Doogan.

It is due for release next March.

tpfkabi

i saw a list of Sigur Ros US Dates for early next year, but i haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.
anyone know of any mentions from the band/management/etc?
i really want to see them.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

edison

I saw an ad in the Houston Press today saying tickets go on sale saturday for a 2/25 show. I totally want to go to that, wonder how much tickets are going to be.

diggler

Quote from: bigideas on November 08, 2005, 11:00:33 PM
i saw a list of Sigur Ros US Dates for early next year, but i haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.
anyone know of any mentions from the band/management/etc?
i really want to see them.

the tour dates are listed on their web page, so i assume that it's official

lots of random cities. 3 dates in Ohio?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

mogwai

from the matador newsletter:

february signals the arrival of mogwai's new full length studio album, 'mr. beast.'

produced by longtime associate tony doogan and mogwai at castle of doom studio, it's nothing short of a monumental moment in mogwai's storied tenure. though there are still hints aplenty of the subtle beauty that adorned big chunks of 'rock action' and 'happy songs for happy people', there are an equal portion of headcrushers on this one that will leave you gasping for air. particularly if you've been wearing a plastic bag over your face (which we do not recommend, by the way).

though mogwai will be hitting the us early next year, the band have already announced a slate of intimate gigs at london's ica for next january, along with a couple of shows to benefit mental health organization one in four in glasgow and edinburgh respectively, later this month (28 november at cabaret voltaire, 29 november at the arches)