sigur ros & mogwai

Started by abbey road, May 20, 2003, 11:21:23 AM

Stefen

I hope they come to El Paso this tour.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'll be seeing them live as well.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

as expected, they were brilliant.

the level of hot chicks that came to the concert were the best i've ever seen. i didn't want it to end. everyone was, like, feeling it, u know? amazing tracks from their new album, and the highlights were surprisingly from (untitled). for those who are going, here's a brief list of DOs and DO NOT DOs to sigur ros appreciation:

-do NOT talk during the songs, and if u can help it, between them. no one gives a flying fuck whether u know the song or not, no one wants to hear ur review, if u can't tell whether it's a new song or an old one just save urself the embarrassment and keep ur mouf SHUT. please. woo and all that at the appropriate times.

-standing is all well and good but consider ur level of fitness. the discomfort of standing for a good 2 hours may ultimately detract from ur experience. also, it doesn't matter where u stand, find a spot where u can get into it and just go with it. sumtimes 3 rows from the front is just as good as the front.

-if ur tall, let the small ppl go through, it's not like they'll block ur vision anyway.

-the merchandise is not worth the price. i'm sorry, it just isn't. save ur money and buy the hot chick next to u a drink.

-jónsi may sing into his guitar. if u hear anyone laugh, punch them in the guts.

-don't go cos u think it'll be cool to be seen there, go only if u really like them. don't kid urself, the best concert experiences are when ur surrounded by ppl who actually like the music and aren't looking around at everyone BUT the band. enjoy it, they're sumthing to behold.
under the paving stones.

so would you say this year's curse is now broken?

everytime i try to listen to the whole album i get stuck with glosoli, which is one fucking sonical experience.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopioso would you say this year's curse is now broken?
i wish i could, this is but a rare anomaly. and besides, curse rebalanced!
under the paving stones.

Myxo

Quote from: cronopioeverytime i try to listen to the whole album i get stuck with glosoli, which is one fucking sonical experience.

Totally agree. Glosoli is a great fucking track. The whole album is fantastic.

Fernando

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Quote from: cronopioeverytime i try to listen to the whole album i get stuck with glosoli, which is one fucking sonical experience.

Totally agree. Glosoli is a great fucking track. The whole album is fantastic.

Right, although unlike Cron I listen always the whole cd, Milano is amazing as well.

Quote from: Pubrickas expected, they were brilliant

Just out of curosity, did they play Vidrar vel til loftarasa?

I won't be seeing them, u r 1 lucky bastard!  :evil:

Pubrick

Quote from: FernandoJust out of curosity, did they play Vidrar vel til loftarasa?
yeah i think so. tho they played more from the new one and (untitled), which i could not get enuff of (despite having ranked it below AB on another occasion).
under the paving stones.

life_boy

Quote from: Pubrickthey played more from the new one and (untitled), which i could not get enuff of (despite having ranked it below AB on another occasion).

How do you rank their albums now and why?

Myxo

Quote from: life_boyHow do you rank their albums now and why?
:yabbse-undecided:

What a strange question. Are you actually invested in the answer enough to ask something like this?

life_boy

Yes, it wasn't at all meant as a flippant question and I understand the amount of thought and analysis that is required for the answer.  I'm very interested because I know Pubrick has been a Sigur Rós fan for a while and I respect his opinions.  He brings a unique critical eye to such matters.  He seems to have a strong respect for the band and the music.  I am curious how one assesses the strength of albums by a band like Sigur Rós and how initial assessments of those albums change over time.  Asking for a "ranking" wasn't a call for a list, but an analysis of what the albums say and why it is important.

EDIT------
Post Script: I also realize and understand that an answer to my original question may not come soon...if at all.  But, because I am interested in hearing the answer, if one exists, I thought I would throw the question out there all the same.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Quote from: life_boyHow do you rank their albums now and why?
:yabbse-undecided:

What a strange question. Are you actually invested in the answer enough to ask something like this?

myxomama,   why you be means?....thats the point of a message board right.....express opinions/rant/raves/etc..?..i would like if soemone asked me to rank some of my favorite shit...

Reinhold

can somebody host or e-mail ( ) for me?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

b. real

they both could make a score.
pushups are good.