Favorite Music Videos

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:13:32 PM

phil marlowe

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Phil MarlowePearl Jam - (cant remember the title, the McFarlane one from the Yield album)

"Do the Evolution"

yeah!

©brad

Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: Duck SauceWhy do some bands and musicians even have videos? I mean, where do they play them? MTV doesnt really show anything, MTV2 shows what MTV shows only 24 hours a day... Do videos actually get played in other parts of the world? Sometimes it seems like a bunch of money is spent making a video, but who gets to see it? They play it once and thats it.

Considering your people never even heard of Kylie Minogue until last year, you should be aware that there is large market outside the US,. namely the UK, which spreads to germania and down to australia. sheesh. So to answer another one of your increasingly banal questions, some bands make videos cos they don't give a shit what you think.

actually, I was really surprised about music videos here in England. The british students are opsessed w/ american pop stars. They watch a program similar to MTV, but it has numbers you can call and request a certain video, which for a rather large charge, will be automatically played on your screen.
These students love talking about these annoying American pop stars like Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, etc. I got here, and was kind of upset, because no one really listens to the classic southern rock that I pretty much listen to. Doesn't anyone like CCR here? hehe...

©brad

We've gone to clubs here and in liverpool and they listen to a lot of American 80s, dance music, and techno(blah). They all know it better than I do. I played Led Zepplin in my room and some heads turned. They are all listening to goo goo dolls. (sigh)

neatahwanta

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: cbrad4dDoesn't anyone like CCR here?

There's VH1 for that kind of music, thank god.

Uh, yeah, CCR gets tons of play on VH1, right next to Nickelback and JLo.

AND CCR is classic.   :bad-words:

BonBon85

I bet you could see CCR on VH1 classics - great station.

Dirk

Quote from: mogwaiHere's a cool one:

Liam Lynch 'United States of Whatever'.

Yeah, whatever  :roll:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

life_boy

Bjork - "It's Oh So Quiet"
Radiohead - "Paranoid Android", "No Surprises", "Karma Police", & "Knives Out" are my favorites but I love all of Radiohead's videos.
UNKLE - "Rabbit in Your Headlights"
Anything directed by Spike Jonze but especially...
- "Weapon of Choice" (Fatboy Slim)
- "Buddy Holly" (Weezer)
Blur - "Coffee & TV"
Portishead - "Only You"

BonBon85

I just watched some on ifilm that were pretty good. Sigur Ros - Untitled 1 and Spoon - Everything Hits at Once. The storyline of the Spoon one isn't anything great, but it's animated by the woman that did the sequence in Waking Life where Wiley talks to the red head in the dark. I'm obsessed with Waking Life and that animation technique so I loved it.

Pubrick

Massive Attack's new one "Special Cases", both male and female versions.

video of the year so far. will be hard to top.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

It's really funny because I just arrived in the UK two days ago and I just turned on the TV and who should be on but CCR. The number of bizarre british pop acts here though is ridiculous. You have no idea how many times I've heard the T.A.T.U. song (that and the eminem song, probably due to the release of 8 Mile here last month). Yeah, but seriously, british pop is strange.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

rustinglass

Radiohead-karma police and knives out
Pearl jam-do the evolution
múm-green grass of tunnel
sigur rós- svefn-g-englar
bjork-pagan poetry (the uncessored version, of course
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

skys the limit - By biggie smalls, directed by Spike Jonze
hey ladies - the beastie boys
just a gigolo- David lee roth

a bunch more that i can not think of right now

children with angels

Quote from: [b]rustinglass[/b]
múm-green grass of tunnel
sigur rós- svefn-g-englar

Big big Goddamn YES for Svefn-G-Englar: probably the most moved I've ever been by a music video. I didn't even know Mum made videos: adore their music - what are they like...?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Quote from: cbrad4d
Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: Duck SauceWhy do some bands and musicians even have videos? I mean, where do they play them? MTV doesnt really show anything, MTV2 shows what MTV shows only 24 hours a day... Do videos actually get played in other parts of the world? Sometimes it seems like a bunch of money is spent making a video, but who gets to see it? They play it once and thats it.

Considering your people never even heard of Kylie Minogue until last year, you should be aware that there is large market outside the US,. namely the UK, which spreads to germania and down to australia. sheesh. So to answer another one of your increasingly banal questions, some bands make videos cos they don't give a shit what you think.

actually, I was really surprised about music videos here in England. The british students are opsessed w/ american pop stars. They watch a program similar to MTV, but it has numbers you can call and request a certain video, which for a rather large charge, will be automatically played on your screen.
These students love talking about these annoying American pop stars like Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, etc. I got here, and was kind of upset, because no one really listens to the classic southern rock that I pretty much listen to. Doesn't anyone like CCR here? hehe...

That station is called The Box, right?  I lived in Louisiana for a while and there was something incredibly similar.

Newtron

Quote from: children with angelsI didn't even know Mum made videos

Holy shit, neither did I! Hard enough finding anyone who's heard of them at all. SHOW ME A VID!