Good Time

Started by wilder, August 03, 2017, 03:19:41 AM

The Ultimate Badass

I saw this tonight and left quite disappointed. It wasn't a bad movie but I was expecting something unique and interesting. It turned out to be pretty straightforward and conventional. I didn't think there was anything really that memorable about in this.

jenkins

wilder

Drenk

Liked it. Two people who don't want to accept who they are. I wished it could have been more about the relationship between the brothers, too. And it drags toward the end. Mostly good. I like how life is what's weird in it. The night. People in cars. A bottle of Sprite.
Ascension.

Robyn

I have seen this film three times already, and I can't remember when that happened last time. So yeah, I like it. It might be my favorite of the year.

Something Spanish

Quote from: Drenk on December 03, 2017, 07:04:23 PM
I wished it could have been more about the relationship between the brothers, too.

That's exactly how I felt, considering that relationship was the most interesting one in the movie and drives the plot, yet is barely featured. When the story introduces the Buddy Duress character, he overstays his welcome and the dynamic between him and Patterson takes over. I've been wanting to watch it again since seeing it in August, but Good Time is easily one of the year's best. The Safdies are expanding on their original style in very interesting ways, taking their hyper-realism technique and applying it to conventional thriller modules. The movie constantly pulsates with tweaker intensity and feels like all these improbable situations could actually happen.