NAPOLEON

Started by cowboykurtis, April 05, 2003, 10:08:47 PM

Xx

picolas

Quote from: flagpolespecial on March 01, 2009, 12:11:45 AM
Will buy, no matter how much it costs.
shhh! taschen has eyes and ears everywhere.

Pubrick

it's real.. they're calling it "The Best Book Ever Made of the Best Movie Never Made"

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/film/all/03844/facts.stanley_kubricks_napoleon_the_greatest_movie_never_made.htm

UKĀ£ 450.00 = 735.03 U.S. dollars

what a gyp. be a chump if you want but i wouldn't buy this if i was half that price, or even the same price as the orginal SKA.

it's basically hollowed-out book with a bunch of neat little picture booklets inside. pictures are fucking useless if they are like the example in the third pic, what use is that? even tiny scans of kubrick's chicken scratch have limited value at the resolution you get in these things. the SKA was 50% useless because of pictures. and the offer of exclusive access to 17000 MORE pictures online is even greater reason not to buy it. all it takes is one mad cunt to leak the password or whatever and you've saved yourself a GRAND (*AUS dollars).

wait for the xmas sale when it's $50.00 or better yet just do a google image search in a couple years.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

now im glad I didn't post this yesterday. your absence was like a knife in fernando's heart (hedwig's too im sure)  :yabbse-grin:

anyway, ill blame flagpole for the price. as much as id love to have it it's waaaay too expansive, I too wouldn't pay even half, maybe less than 200 and that's still pricey, and what's the point of making only 1000 copies? so yeah, ill wait til it drops to 50 bucks.

Quote from: P on September 18, 2009, 10:53:12 AM
pictures are fucking useless if they are like the example in the third pic, what use is that?

couldn't agree more, and I'd like to think that ppl even wondering to buy this have seen the boxes doc, so it really is useless to have a pic of a damn file cabinet.

Pozer

the prodigal P returns

Alexandro

looks like a ripp off.

Xx

Xx

tpfkabi

i would love to look through that, but the other SK book is $70 now.

is that version exactly the same other than the 2001 frames?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Xx

tpfkabi

thanks for the comparison.

i think i'll wait and hope for a cheaper Napoleon because i hate my frames and i don't think i've even listen to the CD - maybe i need to do that. the book is so cumbersome that it's very hard to store. i have no empty bookshelf for it so i keep it in the box it was shipped in to prevent dust and move it from place to place not wanting to stack anything on top of it.

Pozer

Quote from: bigideas on November 11, 2009, 02:59:57 PM
i don't think i've even listen to the CD

you spent all that money on a book of someone youre supposedly a fan of and have never listened to his rare audio interview?

dont answer. 

tpfkabi

sure.
i bought it just so i could impress people i've never met in person or could visually authenticate my claim.

Xx

tpfkabi

Quote from: flagpolespecial on November 18, 2009, 10:29:35 AM
i am also going to stanley kubrick's house on dec 8th as one of 100 invited guests. Jan Harlan will be there, i expect christiane will be there too.

document it if they let you - and find me one of Kubrick's favorite shirts.