Sidney Lumet

Started by Stefen, April 28, 2004, 09:34:45 PM

SiliasRuby

I just viewed murder on the orient express. What a pleasant surprise, packed with a huge amount of memorable performances that some young people would classify as 'old actors over the hill'. Being an agatha christie fan, didn't hurt either. Yeah yeah I've read over three of her books. Call me a pussy, call me gay, I don't give a fuck what you call me because I like what I like and nothing stop me otherwise.

During the whole film, if you haven't seen the credits you'd be surprised to view who pops up in this gem. Bergman, Turner, Perkins, York, Connery, with Finney heading everything and making every scene with him and the characters on the screen ridiculous and yet predicably accurate to an agatha christie story.

Any one who hasn't read any of the books but just loves Sidney L's stuff, the detective character played by Albert F, is one of those that everyone mis-underestimates and then breaks down everyones confessions, sort of like columbo which I'm sure one of you guys have seen an episode of...

The main attraction isn't really the story but how its played out and seeing some classic actors in moments of revieting scenes.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Lottery

Who's read Lumet's book? It's pretty good but it's very clear that teamsters must have murdered his childhood sweetheart or something.