Alan Cummings

Started by bonanzataz, January 11, 2003, 05:18:08 PM

bonanzataz

THE greatest performance of this man's career was in Eyes Wide Shut. His 5 minutes in this 3 hour movie is truly stand-out, I really think he should have gotten an award. I love Eyes Wide Shut, I think it's especially important to watch for the standard Kubrick black humor in the whole situation. Cummings's scene is the best part of the film, however.

I decided to label this thread Alan Cummings, so it's not limited just to his Eyes Wide Shut performance.

Discuss...

EDIT: Nice, I made grip.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Funny, I didn't even remember him in EWS, but I have come to really enjoy Alan.

I admit, I couldn't stand the site of his mug when I first saw him a few years ago in that Flintstones movie. But I was able to get past that when I encountered him in several other films I enjoyed like Spy Kids, Josie and the Pussycats, and (especially) The Anniversary Party.

I know, I have some cheeseball movie picks, but I have kids so I appreciate a good tongue-in-cheek movie like Josie...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

please don't forget the classic 'goldeneye'.

i am invincible!

bonanzataz

Quote from: sphinxplease don't forget the classic 'goldeneye'.

i am invincible!

fo sheezy!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Yeah, he definately deserves props, he's truly a great actor and has the ability to just make people smile even when he's not necessarily being funny.

Ernie

Yeah, I think he's pretty great, even in bad movies. That's when you know an actor is great. I don't know if I liked Eyes Wide Shut, I need to see that again. I didn't like the whole mask party scene, it was weird but it went on a little too long or something. I need to see that movie again.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ebeaman69I need to see that movie again.

Yeah... you do

Derek

Quote from: MacGuffin

Cumming will play a flamboyantly gay West End

Do you think he'll be able to pull it off?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

sphinx

cumming stated that he took the role in x-men 2 because
a.) his agent said he needed the money
b.) he thought it would be fun.

those facts are taken from a news article on countingdown.com