and she wore....Blue Velvet

Started by NEON MERCURY, December 02, 2003, 11:55:29 PM

Just Withnail

My god, I just finished watching this two seconds ago. Christ, this was beautiful. Fucked up and raw, yet always beautiful.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: WithnailMy god, I just finished watching this two seconds ago. Christ, this was beautiful. Fucked up and raw, yet always beautiful.

...here's to your fuck.... :drinking:

....do you want me to pour it?
-No ...i want you to fuck it!!

Pubrick

i don't like it when NEON swears.   :(
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pi don't like it when NEON swears.   :(

....i  was doing it in  character
.... :wink:

bonanzataz

Quote from: NEON MERCURY...here's to your fuck.... :drinking:

....do you want me to pour it?
-No ...i want you to fuck it!!

you know a movie is really really great when you can just read a line from it at 1 in the morning and bust out laughing like you were actually watching it. dammit, what a great movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

i just ordered this the other day (as you can see in the I JUST BOUGHT thread and my fucking dvd came without the outer 'shell' casing.  its just a stupid fucking regular dvd case without the badass extra.  why are they doing this?  now its my lifes mission to track one down.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

More info on the UK release:

BLUE VELVET (1986) The Definitive Two-Disc DVD Special Edition
5 April 2004, £19.99 RRP, Cat No. SVE3041
Cert 18, Film: 116 minutes, Features: 46 mins, Region 0 PAL DVD,
Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 Surround Sound

Meticulously remastered under the supervision of David Lynch and presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound Blue Velvet has never looked or sounded so good. Initial copies of the release will be available in a stunning blue velvet slipcase that will make an exquisite addition to any DVD shelf. A new 16-page booklet will accompany the DVDs featuring images from the film, special features and menus with two exclusive essays written by Mike Goodridge (Editor of "Screencraft: Directing" and Co-Director of DVD special feature Strange Desires).

ALL-NEW DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

All-new 35-min documentary Strange Desires. Includes archive interviews with David Lynch and new (2003) interviews with Dino De Laurentiis, Dennis Hopper and more unlocking the secrets of Blue Velvet

Archive review from BBC's Moving Pictures series with J.G. Ballard - "The Best Film of the 1980's"

New widescreen 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer; re-mastered Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1 surround sound

All-new animated menus

Theatrical Trailer

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

That's a pretty cool dvd cover! But I'm glad America stuck with the one we have now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

NEON MERCURY

....damn that cover is PHUCKING badass....................

?:
-what does "PAL" mean?.......i noticed that it is region 0 ..but what does PAL mean....and can i play this dvd on a region 1 dvd player?..

grand theft sparrow

That's just the best DVD cover art of all time.  I seriously can't think of better.

Pubrick

it's silence of the lambs/hannibal.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

Quote from: NEON MERCURY....damn that cover is PHUCKING badass....................

?:
-what does "PAL" mean?.......i noticed that it is region 0 ..but what does PAL mean....and can i play this dvd on a region 1 dvd player?..

i doubt you could. american video standard is NTSC and most american dvd players will only play ntsc formatted dvds. europe uses the pal standard. ntsc moves at approximately 29.97 fps while pal moves at 25 fps. even if your player did play the pal dvd, i don't know if your tv would understand the signal. the only way to be absolutely sure would be to have a dvd player that converted pal to ntsc on the spot. i bought my region free dvd player for the sole purpose of getting a widescreen lost highway and wild at heart. and soon season two of twin peaks. american lynch fans feel like they're getting shit on now, but when lynch comes out with his new transfers, it's gonna be a whole new ballgame. besides, we get the eraserhead disc, europe doesn't.

why would you want this dvd anyway? the american one is just as good, non?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: taz.
Quote from: NEON MERCURY....damn that cover is PHUCKING badass....................

?:

i doubt you could. american video standard is NTSC and most american dvd players will only play ntsc formatted dvds. europe uses the pal standard. ntsc moves at approximately 29.97 fps while pal moves at 25 fps. even if your player did play the pal dvd, i don't know if your tv would understand the signal. the only way to be absolutely sure would be to have a dvd player that converted pal to ntsc on the spot. i bought my region free dvd player for the sole purpose of getting a widescreen lost highway and wild at heart. and soon season two of twin peaks. american lynch fans feel like they're getting shit on now, but when lynch comes out with his new transfers, it's gonna be a whole new ballgame. besides, we get the eraserhead disc, europe doesn't.

why would you want this dvd anyway? the american one is just as good, non?

taz.. thanks for answering my question.....but i guess the reason why i wanted it it seems to have a different doc than the MGM SE..right?........

.you're right though..its suck living in the US and being down w/lynch..we get nothing but waiting and waiting...but  that is true when lynch gets his sh*t together on those phucking transfers-DAMN they are solid....

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo