Dave Matthews in the Park

Started by aclockworkjj, September 14, 2003, 02:08:46 PM

Witkacy

Hooray... the 4 billion $ Bloomberg wants to do something... should I actually care... I don't care who's playing.  Let him dish out his own cash before sucking it out of everyone else without cash. Rich men sleep in the house of filth.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThenc'mon JJ, Grey Street, Grace Is Gone, Digging A Ditch...??

Those are all good, too.
I mean is new solo album...

it's makes me feel like RK's av....

BLAH!!!!!!

SoNowThen

oh

there's another song called Bartender on that one too?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

opps, I ment gravedigger....sorry.

SoNowThen

So...Now...Then... confused... JJ... fuddles... mind... can't... stay... conscious...

sorry, I'm bored
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

RegularKarate

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartender!
When you tend my BAR!
Will you stock TEQUILA!
I like gold, but white is fine
BARTENDER!

aclockworkjj

...'scuse me please.... ...could you make it strong...cause I don't need to think...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: petethat fiddler needs to be stopped.  I think the badness of their albums is proportional to how much attention they give to the fiddler.

Hold your tongue!

I have to say BTCS is their best, aside from their live bootleg shit.

Everyday may have not been up to DMB par, but some songs (When the World Ends, Space Between, Everyday, for instance) Still rocked, IMHO.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: aclockworkjjHis new album is a pile of shit....He sucks!!!!! Fuck Dave.

JJ, you ignorant slut.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobJJ, you ignorant slut.
Listen bitch....
Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobtheir live bootleg shit.
I totally agree....Pedro said it, they put on a great show live, always, ...they mix in some old greats, always...

I normally hate this song...but is kinda cool...

Sanjuro

i love dmb
maybe busted stuff was not as good as the other albums but when he does the songs live it turns in to something very different

edit
oh sorry i ddint know you were talking about some devil.. ive only heard stay or leave and gravedigger and i loved them , duno bout th others yet but have you seen his solo farmaid? he difenitely can carry his songs even by himself
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

Pedro

Quote from: Sanjuroi love dmb
maybe busted stuff was not as good as the other albums
i say it is

Sanjuro

i guess so
lots of songs were outtakes from lillywhite sessions
"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

aclockworkjj

can i getta bump-bump...

All time favorite toon?

jj=the stone. is a close 2nd tho.

jj's favorite toon dmb covered=

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/eo/20040825/en_music_eo/14795

Entertainment - E! Online

Dave Matthews Band's Big Stink

Wed Aug 25, 6:35 PM ET  Add Entertainment - E! Online to My Yahoo!

By Josh Grossberg

This probably wasn't what Dave had in mind when he wrote "Don't Drink the Water."

The state of Illinois has filed a lawsuit against the Dave Matthews Band for allegedly dumping up to 800 pounds of liquid human waste from its tour bus into the Chicago River earlier this month.

The suit, filed on Tuesday by Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, claims that a bus rented by the usually eco-friendly group was traveling cross town to the band's hotel on Aug. 8 when it pulled up alongside a metal grating on the Kinzie Street Bridge. That's when, the suit claims, bus driver Stefan A. Wohl emptied the contents of the vehicle's septic tank into the river.

And that was bad news for Chicago's First Lady, a passing tour boat filled with 100 people on an architecture sightseeing cruise that was doused by the falling excrement.

No one was seriously hurt by the raining waste. The boat's captain made a U-turn and headed back to the dock, where reeking passengers were given refunds and the ship was thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

According to authorities, the incident was caught on videotape

Madigan seeks more than $70,000 in civil penalties from the Dave Matthews Band and their driver for violating the state's water pollution and public nuisance laws.

"This incident may be unique, but that does not lessen the environmental or public health risks posed by the release of at least 800 pounds of liquid human waste into a busy waterway and onto a crowded tour boat," Madigan said in a statement.

Chicago police said Wednesday that they are reviewing the evidence and may also file criminal charges against the band and driver.

DMB's spokesman, John Vlautin, says this isn't the kind of jam the band is used to and says any pollution was not intentional.

"Our driver has stated that he was not involved in this incident," Vlautin said in a statement, adding that the band "will continue to be cooperative in this investigation."

No word on whether any of the tainted tourists plan to take legal action against the rockers.

The Dave Matthews Band will presumably keep their waste under control as they continue on their current tour, which is now on the road on the West Coast for the next month before linking up with the Vote for Change tour. The politically motivated trek, featuring the likes of Bruce Springsteen (news), the Dixie Chicks (news - web sites), Pearl Jam and John Mellencamp (news), will play 34 shows in 28 cities in swing states in an effort to unseat President Bush (news - web sites).

DMB will hook up with Jurassic Five and My Morning Jacket for six dates, starting Oct. 1 at University Park, Pennsylvania, and continuing on to Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Florida.