Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ono

Interview Magazine, November 2005.  A fluff interview, but that's hardly the point.

Naz

I personally don't think she's more talented than any other good actress. She just doesn't seem like a person who plays in 'teenage-movies', but she plays more serious roles which I like. I think she needs to practise on her facial expressions, though.

Thrindle

Quote from: Naz on February 03, 2006, 01:01:01 PM
I personally don't think she's more talented than any other good actress. She just doesn't seem like a person who plays in 'teenage-movies', but she plays more serious roles which I like. I think she needs to practise on her facial expressions, though.
Crack kills.
Classic.

MacGuffin

Johansson, Knightley Bare All for Magazine

With award season still under way, Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley are exchanging ballgowns for birthday suits.

Under the artful eye of photographer Annie Leibovitz, the starlets posed nude for the cover of Vanity Fair magazine's yearly Hollywood issue, to be released Wednesday.

Fashion superstar Tom Ford also appears on the cover photo, though he stuck with a more traditional suit one of black fabric.

Ford, the issue's guest art director, said he hadn't planned on becoming part of his own project, but he stepped in when "Wedding Crashers" star Rachel McAdams, 29, backed out.

"She did want to do it, and then when she was on the set I think she felt uncomfortable, and I didn't want to make anybody feel uncomfortable" Ford said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Other Hollywood stars weren't difficult to persuade, Ford said.

"A lot of women actually, a couple of men, too, wanted to take their clothes off," he said. "These are such beautiful people, beautiful women, and who doesn't want to see a bit of them."

Angelina Jolie also got naked for the Hollywood issue, posing in a bathtub. Another shot depicts a fully clothed George Clooney as a director filming a large cast of women wearing skin-tone underwear.

For the cover photo, Knightley, 20, was photographed sitting sideways, with legs and arms carefully placed. The 21-year-old Johansson, draped over Ford's leg, is somewhat more exposed readers who open the fold-out cover will see her bare buttocks.

Knightley is currently nominated for a best actress Oscar for her performance in "Pride & Prejudice." Johansson co-starred this year in Woody Allen's "Match Point."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

I think is safe to say many many ppl here will get that.

:yabbse-faints:

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 07, 2006, 11:54:26 AM
Ford, the issue's guest art director, said he hadn't planned on becoming part of his own project, but he stepped in when "Wedding Crashers" star Rachel McAdams, 29, backed out.

...and GT cries himself to sleep.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Ravi on February 07, 2006, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on February 07, 2006, 11:54:26 AM

...and GT cries himself to sleep.

Hah, I'm fickle. Mcadams dropped off my radar with the overhype of Wedding Crashers and the awfulness of Red Eye.

Knightley's more my speed. She likely swears without vanity issues. Plus she's no longer second kettle to Natalie Portman. She's even better. Proof is the Oscar nomination and lack of pretension.

modage

i don't think oscar nominations are proof of anything.  she was badass in domino though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on February 08, 2006, 07:49:53 AM
i don't think oscar nominations are proof of anything. 

If it is, Portman got hers first.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 08, 2006, 11:22:27 AM
Quote from: modage on February 08, 2006, 07:49:53 AM
i don't think oscar nominations are proof of anything. 

If it is, Portman got hers first.

Oh yea. Even my arguments are fickle.

©brad

scarlett is too hot for words. there are no words that do her justice. none i tell yah.

Alethia

those ladies need some sun