Bruce Almighty

Started by modage, May 25, 2003, 01:30:03 PM

USTopGun47

Ha yes aren't they over priced.  Actually, I ended up seeing it twice for a total of $18 dollars with some friends.  And can you believe that?
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Guess people still think he's funny after all. After a string of dramatic roles that failed to light up the box office, Jim Carrey returned to comedy in a big way this summer with the $200-plus million blockbuster Bruce Almighty. The first big title of the fourth quarter to be announced for a DVD release, Universal Studios Home Video will issue the flick in separate anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions on November 25th, each with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround tracks, an audio commentary by director Tom Shadyac, deleted scenes, 3 featurettes, a blooper reel and theatrical trailers. Retail is $26.95.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Bruce Almighty Also May Get Malaysia's Boot
Source: The Associated Press Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Not even Jim Carrey's huge comedy hit Bruce Almight stands a chance in Malaysia, which continues to add to its growing list of movies that have fallen afoul of the censors.

The government minister called for the comedy to be banned, deeming it offensive to Muslims. The minister, who is responsible for religious affairs, said the theme of the movie isn't "appropriate."

In the film, Carrey is challenged by God to take over the running of the world to see if he can do a better job of it. The minister says "we cannot equate ourselves with God almighty even as a joke."

Films previously banned from the country, due to moral or religious grounds, include Daredevil, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and Zoolander.

mogwai

even morgan freeman can party like it's 1999.

bonanzataz

this movie sucked. i turned it off.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mogwai

Quote from: taz.this movie sucked. i turned it off.
that's because you are a buddy holly fan.