"Mulholland Drive" Question

Started by 1976, August 04, 2004, 03:16:38 PM

In Roger Ebert's review of this film, he writes:

"Betty and Rita have two lesbian love scenes so sexy you'd swear this was a 1970s movie, made when movie audiences liked sex. One of the scenes also contains the funniest example of pure logic in the history of sex scenes."

What is this "example"  he is referring to?

NEON MERCURY

oh, basically hes saying that its more "logical" to enjoy watching two ladies having sex than watching your sister go down on 3 of your friends....

MacGuffin

Quote from: 1976One of the scenes also contains the funniest example of pure logic in the history of sex scenes."

"Have you ever done this before?"
"I don't know."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: 1976One of the scenes also contains the funniest example of pure logic in the history of sex scenes."

"Have you ever done this before?"
"I don't know."

I think you might be right. Either that or Betty telling Rita "I am in love with you" in the heat of passion (how many of us have done the same exact thing...I know I have.)

Pubrick

Quote from: 1976I think you might be right. Either that or Betty telling Rita "I am in love with you" in the heat of passion (how many of us have done the same exact thing...I know I have.)
no, it's what mac said.
under the paving stones.