the x-files influenced by twin peaks?

Started by Jeremy Blackman, October 16, 2003, 07:43:52 AM

MacGuffin

Actually Chris Carter always said "The X-Files" was inspired by "Kolchak: The Night Stalker."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

...i heard also that twin peaks inspired northern exsposure....

phil marlowe

i believe cris carter said he was influenced by twin peaks, duchovny was in it too you know. i think mulder has a twin peaks poster on the wall in his office in the x-files pilot.

MacGuffin

David Duchovny Talks The X-Files 2
Source: Razor

Actor David Duchovny is a guest game reviewer for Razor and in his write-up on the upcoming "The X-Files: Resist or Serve" game, he mentions the sequel to 1998's The X-Files.

"We're also working to put together the next X-Files movie. I'd imagine we'd get into shooting in the next year or so, depending on when the script is written."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Can't wait for the next X-Files movie, I seem to remeber Chris Carter saying summer 2005 when the show wrapped, though I don't know how likely this will be. If it does happen though it'll be a good year for blockbusters: X-Files 2 and Indiana Jones 4!!!

I keep thinking that in about 10 years time someone should go back and do a 'Next Generation' kinda thing for X-Files... but a David Lych forum is probably not the place to go into this right now....
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Don't know if anyone else knows about this but David Duchovny has written and directed a movie called 'The House of D' which imdb currently says is in post-production. He also stars in it along side his wife Tea Leoni, Robin Williams and Orlando Jones.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.