Lynch Editor / Mary Sweeney

Started by SHAFTR, July 28, 2003, 10:15:10 PM

SHAFTR

I thought you might be interested..I am/have been attending this.

The Creative Process: Writing, Producing, and Editing Feature Films
Cinematheque is pleased to welcome acclaimed editor, producer, and screenwriter Mary Sweeney for a series of workshops about the technical and creative aspects of feature filmmaking. Born and raised in Madison, Sweeney graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1978 and, after studying in Paris and obtaining an M.A. in Film Studies at NYU, she quickly advanced to become a prominent editor in the film and television industries. She has edited film on the TV series "Twin Peaks" and the feature films Fire Walk with Me (1992), Lost Highway (1997), The Straight Story (1999), and Mulholland Drive (2001) for which she won the British Academy Award for editing in 2001. In the mid-1990s, Sweeney began her career as a producer (Nadja, 1995) and screenwriter (The Straight Story). In this three-evening series, Sweeney will discuss the processes involved in writing, producing, and editing feature films.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Ghostboy

Cecil

Quote from: GhostboyMan, I'm jealous.

yeah, well you deserve to be

Quote from: GhostboyI wasn't able to use the site's interface to order it, so I called customer service -- and ended up talking to David Lynch himself!

my heart stopped and my jaw dropped before i read:

Quote from: GhostboyOkay, I'm only joking, I just wanted to give all you Lynch nuts a jumpstart of jealousy.

havent fully recovered from it yet.

children with angels

From IMDB:

Lynch Files For Divorce

Movie-maker David Lynch has filed for divorce from his wife of a month. The Twin Peaks visionary and Mary Sweeney wed in May after years spent working together on movies like Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive and The Straight Story, which Sweeney co-wrote, edited and produced. Lynch filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable differences" on Monday after separating from Sweeney at the weekend. The couple has a teenage son, Riley. The month-long wedding was Lynch's third.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/