The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

SiliasRuby

Finally got this.....Gonna try tonight to blow up the cover and put up on my wall.

Reading the other article with Kyle Mcklachlin that talks about Oliver Stone's 'The Doors' and that he actually signed a contract for 5 years for 'twin peaks'.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

bonanzataz

and the old lady with the creamed corn?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

Quote from: modage on April 16, 2004, 11:03:09 PM
okay, wow.  i JUST finished watching the entire series.

Five years later I am rewatching Twin Peaks and it is a sobering experience.  Once you know what's going to happen, every extraneous plotline feels like a complete waste of time.  I'm giving up after episode 14 but after years of building it up this has been extremely disappointing.  It was my introduction to TV again, but since then I've seen Freaks & Geeks, The Office, Arrested Development, Lost, and so many others.  I appreciate Peaks for what it was, especially at the time, but can't help but see its many flaws now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

I guess there's something in the air bringing us back to Twin Peaks.  I re-watched Fire Walk With Me yesterday, and was surprised by how much I liked it.  I didn't really know what to think of it when I first saw it, which was right after viewing the whole series on DVD.  Doing that back-to-back was jolting, but I felt like Fire Walk With Me really held up on its own, and certainly doesn't have that meandering problem that the TV show had.  It's VERY focused.  For whatever reason, the things that I felt were silly or over-the-top when I saw it 2 years ago were devastatingly effective this time around.  ... Poor Laura Palmer...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modage on April 12, 2009, 10:39:42 AM
Quote from: modage on April 16, 2004, 11:03:09 PM
okay, wow.  i JUST finished watching the entire series.

Five years later I am rewatching Twin Peaks and it is a sobering experience.  Once you know what's going to happen, every extraneous plotline feels like a complete waste of time.  I'm giving up after episode 14 but after years of building it up this has been extremely disappointing.  It was my introduction to TV again, but since then I've seen Freaks & Geeks, The Office, Arrested Development, Lost, and so many others.  I appreciate Peaks for what it was, especially at the time, but can't help but see its many flaws now.

:yabbse-cry:...

i can see where your coming from...but one of th eshows greatest accomplishemnt, and the reason why i hold it in such huigh regard is its atmosphere...theres just soemthign sabout the setting, mood, music and all the other shit that you use to create   atmosphere-that compells me and keeps me glued and rewtching the series numerous times...

New Feeling

seriously Twin Peaks still destroys all other shows and FWWM is one of the masterpieces of the 90's.  When all is said and done TP will be Lynch's greatest accomplishment forever. 

SiliasRuby

My Collection

picolas

SiliasRuby

Well, yes...Its his most well known mainstream piece of art that everyone remembers. You set up a simple murder mystery in a sleepy town and turn it on its head. 

My Collection

MacGuffin

MacLachlan Plans Twin Peaks Comeback
Source: imdb

Actor Kyle MacLachlan plans to resurrect his quirky TV drama Twin Peaks in short installments on the Internet.

The Desperate Housewives star played an FBI agent on the show between 1990 and 1991, working with legendary director David Lynch on the cult series.

The show was eventually cancelled after a decline in ratings, but returned in 1992 with a prequel movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

MacLachlan is desperate to reprise his role once again and hopes to utilise the web to help fulfil his ambition of a return to Twin Peaks.

He says, "I have a crazy idea to bring back Twin Peaks on the net as five minute webisodes."

But the star admits the show's creator, David Lynch, won't be involved with the new version as he is too busy focusing on his initiatives to publicise meditation techniques.

MacLachlan adds, "David's focus is more on transcendental meditation now."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

I'm thinking it IS true but it won't be done or fully actualized.

My Collection

squints

It probably WILL happen but it will be a web-only series starring Kyle MacLachlan and his cats.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche