saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

El Duderino

yeah, i agree...it is surely the best of the season
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Myxo

Paris Hilton hosting Saturday Night Live. Boy, that's gunna be a good one.

:yabbse-undecided:

How many skits does she say, "That's hot" in?

modage

yeah, paul giamatti really went for it and it was pretty good.  i liked the limo driver sketch mostly because most of america was probably asking those same questions when they saw the host.  

paris hilton will truly be an all-time low.  stretching her into 1 1/2 hours of sketches either playing herself or a version of herself will be hideous and most likely the worst thing ever.  and i thought they were doing so good this season...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02paris hilton will truly be an all-time low.  stretching her into 1 1/2 hours of sketches either playing herself or a version of herself will be hideous and most likely the worst thing ever.  and i thought they were doing so good this season...
yeah, i have to agree with you. the show will have nice material but when the host can't carry anything, it drags as a result. jessica simpson is a dumbass but her energy really made up for it. and christina aguilera was one of the best hosts last year. so i'd really like to say "never say never"... but i dont have that kinda hope for hilton...

ono

Don't forget the trainwreck that is Paris Hilton will host tonight (musical guest Keane).

Also, tvtome.com reports that next week Jason Bateman will host with musical guest Kelly Clarkson.

Sleuth

Extra gave me a sneak peek behind the scenes of tonight's episode.  Paris Hilton has no energy and she shouldn't exist.
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: SleuthParis Hilton has no energy and she shouldn't exist.
a great host should embody whatever they're hosting..
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Stefen

Holy shit! Is that Paris Hilton, or Maya Rudolph doing an impression of Paris Hilton? It's the monologue and I thought it was some zany thing and Paris was gonna come out llike "Maya, why are you pretending you are me?!" but it didn't happen, thats fucked up. 2 minutes into the show and shes said thats hot twice (three if you count the time her dog said it)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

It would've been interesting if they did a show where "That's hot" is all she said.  Every part she plays in a skit is just a set up for her to say "that's hot."  She wouldn't play a major part in every skit.  Just mostly come in, say "that's hot," and then leave.  Better yet, have a Paris Hilton robot come in a say it.  Come on, it's about time they did something radical on this show.

ono

They just did something radical.  The show was pretty ho-hum for the most part up until now.  Just a few small laughs here and there.  But Weekend Update was pretty great.  Armisen can do no wrong.  Loved the audience participation.  "Donovan McNabb" and his "mother" were pretty funny, too, as was Point/Counter-point.

Ghostboy

I thought the whole episode was terrible, except for Merv The Perv, which was hilarious in a very predictable way, Armisien in the tech institute spot, and .... BEAR CITY!!!!

RegularKarate

That bit with the moustache munchkins or whatever was the most tired, played out crap.

Oh!  Something cute and childlike being perverted?  Oh my!!!!

I have only watched a couple skits, but it's bad enough they let Paris Hilton host, but actually letting her SPEAK?!!!

Stefen

This is only the 5th or so episode I have watched the last three seasons. SNL is pretty bad nowadays eh? It seems its coasting on reputation alone. They should add David Cross (he could find time), Amy Sedaris, and Stephen Colbert as cast members.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenThey should add David Cross (he could find time), Amy Sedaris, and Stephen Colbert as cast members.
and ruin their careers? i think they should stay where ppl recognize actual comedy from "i laugh cos it's sposed to be funny. geez, is it wrong to feel this underwhelmed by so-called 'top comedians'.. oh shit, i think someone looked at me while i wasn't laughing, HAHAHAHA there, phew, that was close."
under the paving stones.