Which Alexander the Great pic would you rather see?

Started by Satcho9, January 18, 2003, 03:42:02 PM

Pas

Pedro

Jeremy Blackman

What is that? "Fortune favors the bold?" How about "fortune favors the brutal?"

Seriously, tell me one good thing that man did for the world.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWhat is that? "Fortune favors the bold?" How about "fortune favors the brutal?"

dude, he was pretty cool. and fortunate, which is what the tagline implies.. and i think is pretty obvious when u look at his deal. i think that's all the tagline was saying.

and yeah fortune does favor the (most) brutal, most of the time.

this epic revival is just another weird time warp to rise out of temporal confusion, which we're all in right now. remember when ppl said the musical was coming back? what happened to that? i wouldn't be surprised if the next phase was a series of films about the renaissance.. that would be interesting.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanWhat is that? "Fortune favors the bold?" How about "fortune favors the brutal?"

bold doesn't have to imply he was good. Brutal is true, but bold is truer.

MacGuffin

'Alexander' Final Scenes Lost

New movie Alexander has been thrown into disarray after director Oliver Stone discovered he shot the final scenes on damaged film. The Natural Born Killers film-maker - who has been shooting the movie in the Far East with Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie - will now have to go back and re-shoot the scenes after he discovered they were unusable when he viewed the rushes in Uban, Thailand. Stone had originally shot the final scenes of his movie in Bangkok, but thinks the film was damaged when it went through airport checks before being delivered.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Lurhmann's Alexander the Great Not Dead
Source: E! Online Tuesday, July 13, 2004

E! Online says that, despite published reports to the contrary, Baz Luhrmann's epic Alexander the Great is not dead yet. The Universal Pictures and DreamWorks co-production would star Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role and Nicole Kidman as Alexander's mother, Olympia.

The 'Telegraph' reported that Luhrmann decided to scrap the flick because he wanted to take a year off and spend more time with his production designer wife, Catherine Martin, and their new daughter, Lillian, born last October. The story was subsequently picked up by the New York Post.

However, disputing those accounts, Luhrmann's Australia-based rep, Maria Farmer, said the filmmaker has not scuttled his big-budget historical biopic on the Macedonian conquerer, and is still firming up plans for his next cinematic outing.

"Baz is currently in Europe working on the final draft of his script for 'Alexander the Great'. When he completes that draft he will decide whether Alexander is the next film on his slate," Farmer said. "We do not know where these reports have originated from. They certainly did not come from Baz."

Oliver Stone's own version at Warner Bros., Alexander, will hit theaters on November 5. It stars Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins, and Val Kilmer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

I'm hearing two different stories here... ^ that one and...

Baz's Alexander Dead...At Last
Dark Horizons

Unofficially its been dead for nearly a year, but at last the big members involved are finally admitting to defeat.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Kidman: "Luhrmann Not Doing Alexander Film"

Australian director Baz Luhrmann has officially dumped his delayed Alexander The Great biopic, according the film's would-be star Nicole Kidman. The Oscar-winner was set to play Olympias - the mother of Leonardo DiCaprio's Macedonian warrior Alexander - in the eagerly anticipated movie. Luhrmann announced in 2003 he was delaying the film until a 2006 release to concentrate on other projects and devote a lot more time to the film. Rival Alexander film, directed by Oliver Stone and starring Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie, is released this month. When asked by Canadian newspaper Toronto Sun if the Moulin Rouge director was still going ahead with Alexander, Kidman replied, "No." When told many film fans were looking forward to comparing the two films and were intrigued by Luhrmann's vastly different creative approach to the story, Kidman says, "I was too (intrigued)."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

QuoteKidman: "Luhrmann Not Doing Alexander Film"

8)

great news.  could you imagine how awful this would have been.  romeo and juliet and moulon rouge both suck ass [except visually]... the moment i heard that baz was doing this i had this image of alexander in purple hair wearing black leather while twirling a wand dancing arund in an open battlefield crying out haiku war hymns while having fake blood pour down on him like rain.

and them john leguizamo shows up

RegularKarate

Sounds more interesting than whatever boring ass hack-job Stone will shit out.

modage

yeah i really wanted to see this one more.  

RIP
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

SiliasRuby

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
8)

great news.  could you imagine how awful this would have been.  romeo and juliet and moulon rouge both suck ass [except visually]... the moment i heard that baz was doing this i had this image of alexander in purple hair wearing black leather while twirling a wand dancing arund in an open battlefield crying out haiku war hymns while having fake blood pour down on him like rain.

and them john leguizamo shows up
:lol: Neon your always able to crack me up.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection