Andy Barker, P.I.

Started by ono, March 23, 2007, 02:04:11 AM

ono

Well, it's good to see Andy Richter back, and Conan having a creative hand in something else.  Right off, the show isn't amazing, but it has its good moments.  Andy Richter Controls the Universe was much better, but this is an opinion formed after only two episodes.  Still, this show is oddly soothing for a comedy, and one exchange that really made it for me:

SIMON (Buster from Arrested Development) has this unrequited Jungle Fever thing going with Andy's new self-appointed assistant, NICOLE.
ANDY (to Nicole): You read lips?
NICOLE: Fluently.
ANDY: Why do you know how to do that?
NICOLE: I have a deaf brother.
SIMON (under his breath): I like Stevie Wonder...

It's on in place of 30 Rock, and while I've really grown to love that show, this is a welcome replacement for the time being.  Here's hoping they can coexist.

Kal

I have to watch one or two more episodes... I watched the pilot and thought it was super boring and I couldnt even finish it (and its like 20 minutes). Far from 30 Rock or The Office. I love Conan so I may give the show another shot see if its better.

SiliasRuby

I have watched two episoides as well and while it is no office or 30 rock like Kal says, it is certainly holding my atttention with quite a few laughs.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

hedwig

i'm pissed about the amy sedaris episode not being aired but yeah, way to go richter/conan.

ono

Quote from: Hedwig on March 23, 2007, 04:30:32 PM
i'm pissed about the amy sedaris episode not being aired but yeah, way to go richter/conan.
More info on that.  URL's a bit misleading.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Shocking.

I'll never be able to understand how Drew Carey had 9 seasons! But no one has the time of day for Andy Richter.

pete

it wasn't that good though, was it?  I saw an episode and a half and wasn't that into it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Nah, it wasn't THAT good, it was only okay, but better than a lot of stuff that's still on.  It's a shame, but Ain'tItCool was really overrating it.  I had hopes that it would find its niche.  Didn't have a chance to do that.  Compared to 30 Rock, though, it pales.  And that's part of the problem, I think.  NBC's rebuilt Thursdays, and while I don't care for any of the other shows on then (except for Earl sometimes), it's hard to measure up to those.

cine

it wasn't that special. it was just a 21 minute 2007 Lookwell.

diggler

Quote from: onomabracadabra on April 09, 2007, 09:37:51 PM
Nah, it wasn't THAT good, it was only okay, but better than a lot of stuff that's still on.  It's a shame, but Ain'tItCool was really overrating it.  I had hopes that it would find its niche.  Didn't have a chance to do that.  Compared to 30 Rock, though, it pales.  And that's part of the problem, I think.  NBC's rebuilt Thursdays, and while I don't care for any of the other shows on then (except for Earl sometimes), it's hard to measure up to those.

wow that's uncharacteristic
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty