oLd sChOoL cArToOnS!!!

Started by cron, April 26, 2004, 06:47:05 PM

Ravi

Yes!

Who can forget Garfield and Friends?

bonanzataz

when my friends and i had sleepovers, we'd stay up until 2 in the morning just to watch this gem on cartoon network.

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Quote from: RaviWhat was the one with the baby that goes into space?

Superman? Technically he does goes to space...
context, context, context.

Sleuth

Quote from: cronopio

Superman? Technically he does goes to space...

No, I already answered it

Quote from: SlombFantastic Max?

Quote from: RaviYes!

Who can forget Garfield and Friends?

I just don't like using quotes, but the page break messed it up.
I like to hug dogs

picolas

already mentioned: felix looney tiny tunes cpt. planet ruxpin r. rangers gadget doug rocko x-m. turtles rugrats pizza cats

not old school, but probably my favourite kid cartoony series: Reboot.

starts with routine, fixes-self-up-by-end-of-episode, fantwastkyschtick formula

twists a bit..

and finally BLOWS ITSELF APART and COMPLETELY CHANGES, unable to stay in one place.. locations, characters, and semi-supa objectives are shattered every four episodes, but it maintains the same gigantic storyline.

and that pretty much never happens amongst toons, to my knowledge.

(discouting the final, bastardized season of course)

molly

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: picolas
Greatest.
Episode.
Ever.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Just Withnail

Anyone ever watch Teddy Ruxpin?

Since I was about nine (eighteen now), I've had this image stuck in my head:

Of course, nostalgia had turned it into them standing on a cliff, watching the moon  :P That picture and some vague image of a Darth Vader-ish baddie, was all I could remember as well as it having a great theme song. For nearly ten years, I went with this image in my head, wondering what on earth the title to the damn show was, remembering I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen back then. So I finally decided to devote some time to it on the net. Not knowing what to look for at all, I spent the best part of a day surfing, before I saw the title, and it all came pouring back. Seriously, the guy finding his box in Amelie ain't nothing to what I experienced. The music, the characters, the feeling of fucking being nine years old and watching this show, everything came at once, causing simultaneous goosebumps and lumpy throat. "Come dream with me toniiiiiiiiight"

Yeah, cartoons are terrific at that.  I have  that image of Thames Productions stuck in my head, and the Gracie Films logo too. "SHHHHHHHH" "Tu-r dum dum dum dum dum dum". "Fox Fanfare".  

Thinking of that makes me feel safe, for some reason.

cine

Quote from: WithnailAnyone ever watch Teddy Ruxpin?
Yes, I think somebody said so five days ago.  :evil:

Just Withnail

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: WithnailAnyone ever watch Teddy Ruxpin?
Yes, I think somebody said so five days ago.  :evil:

Aww, man, don't be like that, with the evil face and everything.  :oops:

How could I forget this:

Raikus

Or this, which I believe played right after Beetlejuice.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

I liked how there was the Original Ghostbusters and the Real Ghostbusters