Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

only if the print is the criterion cover for How Not to Use Watercolors.
under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Thrindle

Awww... I haven't been around in a couple of weeks, and just when I was going to donate - there was no button to push to donate to.  Now I'm an asshole, and the truth is, I lost my chance to give.  Help?   :yabbse-undecided:
Classic.

MacGuffin

As you know by now, xixax has transferred servers, and we want to thank Mike for helping us do that. The board has some slight differences do to upgrades, but it's still relatively the same.

Again, the administration would like to extend a large amount of gratitute to all of those who helped us out. We were overwhelmed by the amount of support.

Sally Field says:

"You like [us]! You really like [us]!"

Quote from: Fernando on December 21, 2006, 01:32:42 PM
I'll donate under one condition, remove that ugly C already!

Gone, as per our agreement.  :yabbse-wink:

But we reserve the right to put it back as we see fit. :elitist:

Quote from: Thrindle on December 31, 2006, 03:43:25 PM
Awww... I haven't been around in a couple of weeks, and just when I was going to donate - there was no button to push to donate to.  Now I'm an asshole, and the truth is, I lost my chance to give.  Help?   :yabbse-undecided:

You can still chip in.

While we did raise enough to cover the costs to own the site free and clear, we still need contributions to pay for new server costs. But these costs are not near the amount previously needed to buy the site and not as time-sensitive either. In fact, only $10 will pay for a month. So if you feel like still contributing, the link at the top of the site will direct you on how to do so. If not, no harm done. Just think of it like how we asked for donations in the past.

And, yes, we are still looking into setting up a chat room. We haven't forgotten, crono.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This new format is really great, whoever worked on it.  It somehow made the last iteration easier to use, and even more appealing to look at overall, without a drastic alteration.

:yabbse-thumbup:
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

What's that you say? Where did Van Sant/Von Trier go? We at xixax decided we needed a spicy South Of The Border flavor to the site. (Sorry, not a Alexandro/Fernando/cronopio forum.) So we replaced the Van/Von duo with a new forum that will probably get as little traffic too.  :shock: (Hey, these things aren't an exact science, you know.) So please welcome...

The Three Amigos!!!

Whoops... Damn Google

Take 2:

We think this will be a better fit to the already established pairing filmmaker forums we've created.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

I love it!  I'm not sure why this info got put in this thread, though.

hedwig

yes awesome choice, thanks to everyone involved.  :bravo:

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 19, 2007, 09:02:34 PM
We at xixax decided we needed a spicy South Of The Border flavor to the site. (Sorry, not a Alexjandro/Fernando/cronopio forum.)
close but no cohiba.

MacGuffin

And now the news you've all been waiting for...

WE GOT THE CHAT BACK!

That's right. Now you can waste twice as much time on xixax than ever before reading posts by other members, and now do it in real time. Thanks to Mike and his crack knowledge on all things computery and technical mechinations and junk, he was able to add the chat room back for us. So a BIG thanks to him for helping us out on that.

In other news, do you have a burning desire to write an essay on Ratner vs. Singer over the X-Men movies? Or maybe just a puff piece on which race movie is funnier Talladega Nights or Days Of Thunder? Well, my friend, you're in luck. As you might have noticed, we've reopened The Green Screen. Our own The Gold Trumpet has been made a moderator for that forum. It's open to anyone for submissions. So if you have written something you want to share with the class and want to have your words dragged through the mud about the grave inaccuracies, or have people praise you as the next Pauline Kael, then send your work to GT as he will make it nice and presentable and give you any feedback if necessary. Any questions you may have might already have been addressed in that forum in the top sticky thread. We're not looking for rants, and the writings don't have to be of thesis magnitude. Just a clear, consise analysis of your subject is satisfactory. Look through the other threads for examples.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Its not working for me... it loads and everything fine... and I get a blue background screen and then nothing there

:ponder:

MacGuffin

Whoops! Apparently someone fed them after midnight.

The chat is experiencing technical difficulties. Please Stand By.

It seems that anyone who has ever visited the chat is somehow stuck in there... like xixax prison with no Get Out Of Jail Free card in sight.

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Perineum Falcon

AND THEY'RE ALL AT THE MERCY OF CRONO!! :shock:

God save them.... :cry:

MacGuffin

Who wants to chat?

After a couple false starts, it appears that the chat room is back and swingin'. So get your butts inside and enter the xixax orgy.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Couldn't get on this morning? It would seem our server decided to play a sick joke on us film geeks on the biggest day in Hollywood:

http://digg.com/tech_news/Dreamhost_Power_Outage_Shuts_Down_popular_web_host_for_5_Hours

Skeleton FilmWorks